Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Eaton 850 Hydro Replacement?

Bruker

I just found out that the Eaton 850 hydrostatic transmission in my 16GTH can't be repaired so I'm going to attempt to find a replacement. What other models of Simplicty or other brands of tractors used this hydro? Or will another type of hydro fit as well?

The mechanic who looked into it showed me where the cam ring (104131) was wore in the forward position so much that it allowed the damping piston (104962) to move up so much that it started to rock in the housing thus it started gouging the walls of the housing which made the o-ring tear and disintegrate. He tried to give it a temporary fix by smoothing out the housing walls and installing a larger o-ring but that didn't last very long. He told me that the cam ring is about a $300 part and the housing is about $1300, but it's no longer available. Do you have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be going to a show in Portland, Indiana next week hopefully I'll be able to find one. Does anyone know what other Simplicity or Allis tractors used this transmission?

Bruker, The Deutz-Allis 1800 Series "Sigma" Garden Tractors made between late 1987 and 1991, and the Simplicity 5200 Series Lawn Tractors, I believe, also the same time period used these trannys but without the filter assembly.