Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

3112H found

simplicity707
I was about to give up on finding a Landlord or a Sovereign until 1:00 this afternoon. I had been 50 miles today just looking for Landlords and stopping at dealers. None of them had any of course, but the local Simplicity dealer gave me a guys name and number and where he worked. Off I went to his work and sure enough he says he has a 3112H that runs perfect. He said someone changed it to a 16HP Briggs, but other than that it's perfect. Original headlights, nice paint, starter generator charges, 48" deck, new belts, good tires. I'm going tonight to look at it and test it out. He wants $600, but he said if i'm interested we could work something out. Kent, how do you like your 3112V? This is about the size that I'm looking for,,nice and big!! How good are these mowers and is this a good price? I have to convince the folks now, but I have to get rid of everything except the 707. Thanks,,

Kent
If the 16HP engine and Vickers tranny are good, and the condition as described, then IMO the $600 is a very fair price -- bordering on bargain. The engine alone is worth about half that... I REALLY like my 3112V... IMO, once you've used it, the Broadmoor will seem like a "riding mower" in comparison -- nothing against them, mind you, just that this is a LOT more tractor than a Broadmoor. That 16HP and it's torque will get your attention... The only place that the Broadmoor clearly "wins out" is: (1) if you have a small lot or many trees and obstructions, since it is much more maneuverable than the long-wheelbase Sovereign... (2) if you have a sloping or bumpy lawn, the smaller Broadmoor deck might leave your lawn looking slightly better than the 48" deck. I prefer the cut of the 42" deck for the Landlord/Soveriengn, for example, but the 48" is a better match for the longer turning radius of the long-wheelbase versions...

simplicity707
I went to look at it last night and boy was I surprised! There is absolutely NO comparison between the 3112H and the 707. It was in better shape than I thought. It has the original headlights/mounts, 48" quiet deck, 16Hp Briggs that uses no oil, hydro, very very tight bgb that just was rebuilt, some new parts in the steering, and the back tires are filled with calcium chlorite. It also has new belts. He let me try out (my very first time on a big one) and that was awesome! I couldn't get over how big the deck was compared the little 707. About half a turn on the starter generator it was started and on it's way. Original tires are great, never leaked. I never knew there was a radiator and fan on the hydro, thats neat! Everything works, front pto, manual lift. I could really get use to the hydro, thats nice. Now that hard, convincing the parents to let me get it. Thanks,,

HubbardRA
Got four large frame tractors now. Got rid of the only Broadmoor that I had. No comparison. You'll love the large frame machine and all the attachments you can get for it.

ROBBYDOB
Do you get snow where you are? Because if you do, I bet that baby would pay for itself in a hurry;). Especially if the neighbors see your great big grin every time you operate that rascal!:D I know that means finding a blower, but think about the investment. I hope it goes through!! Good luck, and keep us informed. Rob

simplicity707
Opps, I almost forgot. It also has the original Nelson coffee can muffler thats in great shape. He said I'd have first dibs and time to get the money. I'm 100 percent excited and I hope I get it. I think $600 is fair enough. I'm sitting here and looking at the pictures and getting jealous, I want one!! I think I might know where there is a 42" thrower for one.