Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shaw Du-All

PatrickE

I saw this by the road on the way home from work today and stopped to look at it. The gentleman came out and said it has no spark but it ran 5 or 10 years ago, "you want it, take it." So of coarse I just had to bring it home and check it out. The tag says Shaw Du-All, model H2S. It has a model 8R6 Briggs which dates to 1951. It has good compression and everything turns well, tires look real good and hold air so far, the plow was the only attachment he had for it. Does anybody know anything about these, I haven't found to much on-line about them. The old briggs with the glass air cleaner bowl aught to be worth something I figured. I must have found this because I went to the Findlay show last weekend and didn't bring anything home! I put this thing back in the van so SHE doesn't see it (she will want it for a yard ornament or something) as I am trying to get her to go to Niagra Falls this weekend, with a side trip to the Orange Gathering of coarse!

Bet if you filed the points it would run. I've seen a few around but sadly yours is in the best shape of all of them. Hope you get it running and find or make a good home for it. By the way, I've got a simalar engine on a walk behind Rotocull Tiller that I had running several years ago. It might have some ing. parts on it if you need something.

Looks like a gear reduction and belt PTO. I would definitely keep that one complete instead of parting it out. Nice machine. Bet that exhaust is loud though.

Patrick, I am doing just the opposite. We are going to GOTO Thurs thru Sat with a side trip to Niagara Falls Friday.

Pat, There was a rather large gathering of Du-all's at the Banger PA. show. I think it was a club, but I got no info. There are some pics on my site, if interested.

quote:
Originally posted by JoeJ
Pat, There was a rather large gathering of Du-all's at the Banger PA. show. I think it was a club, but I got no info. There are some pics on my site, if interested.
Who the heck would want join a club to talk about tractors?;)