Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jacobsen what???

McGill

I've never seen anyting quite like it, but it does resemble the old gilson-built fords, can't remember which model. Looks really heavy, does it have a rear pto?

Can't help with the model number. They did build this model under the Ford badge also. There was one on e-Bay this past winter with a 3 point hitch. Perhaps a Ford or New Holland dealer could come up with something.

A buddy of mine has a Ford exactly like it. I think the Ford model name on his is 120 LGT. I could be wrong, but I believe he said it's a 1985. Same tractor, different paint and decals. Hope it helps.

Tom, thanks, but I went on the web and found pictures of a ford LGT120. It is a smaller tractor. Note the rear fenders on the Jacobsen, also the rear PTO, 6 lug rear tires, and 3 point hitch.

My neighbor has a1986 Homelite/Jacobson catalog that has their whole line up. There is nothing like yours in it but from what I can tell, You have the grill of one of their smaller lawn tractors and those side scoops are the same on their garden tractors. The lawn tractors didn't have those side scoops. The model numbers are easy to figure out. If this tractor happens to have a 16 HP engine, and you all ready mentioned it has hydrostatic drive it would make it a 16GTH. 16 being the HP, GT being garden tractor, and H for hydrostatic. Hope this helps.