Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SIM 3210V HELP HELP

BONNIEBABY54

MYFATHER RECENTLY PAST AWAY AND I DECIDED FINSHED REBUILDING THE TRACTOR HE STARTED IN HIS HONOR... I HAVE FIGURED OUT ALL THE MECHANICAL. JUST NEED HELP WITH THE ELECTRICAL DIAGRAM... IT HAS A BRIGGS ENGINE HAS MODEL:300421 , TYPE 0127-01 ,CODE: 700.. IT HAS A KEY START IGNITION , AND A AMP METER, AND VOLTAGE REGULATOR MOUNTED ON TOP OF ENGINE.. THERE IS A WIRE COMMING FROM UNDER THE CARB AREA WHICH I BELIEVE IS FOR THE POINTS I BELIEVE SHORTING THIS WIRE TO ENGINE GROUND WILL STOP ENEGINE FROM RUNNING... I GROUND FROM BATTERY GOES TO TOP OF ENGINE POSITIVE FROM BATERY TO ONE SIDE OF STARTER SOLINOID, THERE IS ALSO A BLUE WIRE COMMING FROM THE SILINOID WHICH I THINK MAYBE THE STARTER WIRE... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.. THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR HAS THREE POLES WHICH TWO OF THE WIRES GO TO THE STARTER GENERATOR NOT SURE WHERE THIRD WIRE GOES... HELP HELP AFTER ALL THIS WORK I HAVE A NEW MEANING FOR TRACTORS IM THIS FAR WOULD LOVE TO HERE IT RUN AGAIN... THANKYOU THANKYOU OK I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION DONT GET MAD.... THE IGNITION SWITCH IS LABLED ON THE BACK IT HAS FOUR TERMINALS MARKED AS FOLLOWS ( B ) ( S ) ( C ) ( D ).. I WOULD ASSUME THE ( B) IS FOR BATTERY, AND THE (S ) IS FOR STARTER OR SOLINOID , (C ) MIGHT STAND FOR COIL OR MAGNETO BUT THE ( D) HAS ME REALLY CONFUSED IM REAL SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU GUYS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT... I LOOK AT ALL THE INFO YOU GUYS SENT AND THE LINKS AND THE SWITCH I SAW ON THERE HAD BATT ST AND M ... NOT THE SAME AS THE KEY SWITCH I HAVE... WOW IM REALLY ASKING ALOT.... THANKYOU ALL

If you go to Simplicity publications (sticky at top of page) and use your Mfg. # you can download a manual. I know mine had an electrical schematic in there.

The wiring diagram is the same as the B-210/B-212 Allis in this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/wiring/wd_206.-212.jpg

Hi and welcome to the club. As Richp said, the manuals will have wiring diagrams - this link will get you to the manuals: [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php#start[/url] If your tractor only has a 3-digit model/mfg #, use 990 in front of the number when searching (IE 990568). For most of these manuals the 'Operators Manual' also has a parts list and the wiring diagrams. I don't think the 300421 engine is stock to a 3210 - I think it is a 12HP engine and the 3210 was a 10HP originally. The wiring will probably be the same however.

His MFR NO should be 990569 for downloading manuals. His engine is a Model 243431 -- the 3210 was a 10 HP, the equivalent to an Allis B-210.

I just recently went through the process of hooking up a wiring harness on my AC712. The wiring diagram showed the routing like Kent posted above. To find out the color coding required looking up the dash assembly where the harness was installed. This is where the color wires and where they attached was listed. Your tractor should be similar. If you look at the top of the main page of this forum you will find: Sticky: Simplicity Manuals Tech. Publications Doc. Search This will show you how to get to the Simplicity site and scan the manuals without the part number.

Kent, I was going by what BONNIEBABY54 said:
quote:
IT HAS A BRIGGS ENGINE HAS MODEL:300421
I think 990568 and 990569 are the same tractor, only 569 has power lift??

Sorry to cause confusion -- the 3210 came with a 10 HP. The 12HP model would've been a 3212... Yes, 990569 is the equivalent MFR number for my B-210 that came with hydraulic lift. 990568 was the manual lift. The manuals from Simplicity are "combined", showing all the "flat hoods" from the 2110 through the 3212, unless I'm mistaken -- that's what I bought from them in paper copy years ago, any way...