Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Yellow Van Sickle Paint?

Chris727

Did anyone purchase any of the van sickle paint AC Yellow 925110? If so how was the quality? I just called van sickle and the guy told me they had had a problem with some but they have since corrected it. Costs about 13.14 for a quart plus freight. Thanks. Chris

I was working with them on matching all three yellows. I have not heard anything from them lately. I guess it is time to contact them again, at least to get my samples back. I wasn't thrilled with the drying time, but I think it is pretty good paint

They want 24 hours between coats. My test hood took all of that. Not much change in dry time using a hardener. I have no idea what dry time is with their spray cans. Use Naptha thinner for reducing for spray gun. As of yet, no clear coat recommended by them.

I just talked with Vansickle again. New samples will be sent to me early next week. Hopefully I can give better idea after I have sprayed some more. Spray cans should dry quicker than mix/gun. Hardener is available, will not affect dry time much; but will increase gloss when cured. Spray cans looking at about 8 hours to recoat, about 3 days to fully cured. Mix/gun about 10 to 12 hours to recoat, about 5 days fully cured. If anyone wants to reimburse for shipping, I can spray samples and mail to you. As long as the quart lasts!

toriuspendragon
I don't know if I would use something like that. Naptha is kinda "oily" after all it's zippo fluid. I plan on using a base coat/clear coat method.