Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rules of Tractor Collecting

McGill

1. Thou shalt not store thy tractor out of doors, except for thy modern iron. 2. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors tractor, nor his shop, nor his battery charger. 3. Thou shalt not love thy tractor more than the wife and children; as much, but not more. 4. Thou shalt not surf Simple Tractors on company time, for thy employer makes it possible to continue thy tool payments. 5. Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor's B1, nor his Bucket, nor even his tiller. 6. Thou shalt not allow thy daughters nor thy sons to get married during the holy days of the garden tractor shows. 7. Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into thinking that thou art taking her for a romantic Sunday drive when indeed, thou art going to look at another tractor. 8. Thou shalt not promise thy wife a new addition to thy house then use it to store tractors. 9. Thou shalt not tell thy spouse the entire cost of the restoration, at least not at the same time. 10. Thou shalt not buy the wife a sand blaster for Christmas.

We will NOT end up in Moline Il. Thats for sure!!! I find it easyer to beg for forgiviness than to resist temtation.

The sinners end up working for MTD for all eternity. I dunno, some of those rules seem kinda tough. Like the last one, give her the sandblaster then teach her how to use it. If she does that kinda stuff it leaves you free for the other things that's more fun.

you guys sound like tractor junkies, not me, i only have 3 tractors, and 39 attachments, guess im a sinner too, those romantic country sunday drives have got me in trouble many times stopping to look at and write the phone numbers down for tractors on the side of the road, maybe that D-8 ive been drooling over would be a great gift for momma, think ill suprize her, she will love it.

What is the problem with everyone else's wives? While at GOTO, my wife wanted me to walk around the flea market and swap meet areas with her. I came back with a set of tri-rib tires and a set of hood decals. She found both and wanted me to get them. Guess I got a winner in Becky.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
What is the problem with everyone else's wives? While at GOTO, my wife wanted me to walk around the flea market and swap meet areas with her. I came back with a set of tri-rib tires and a set of hood decals. She found both and wanted me to get them. Guess I got a winner in Becky.
Melaine was like that at first. She didn't realy understand my addiciton. After the GOTO, she sure understands. She wants a sand blaster! lol I do love the rules though. I think I'm going to have to print them to hang in my tent gararge. Elon