Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Large pic of Jim McDonald's 725 from GOTO

Kent

Hey is that a speck of dirt I see on that front tire? :o) I agree about the pictures not doing this machine justice. I saw it up in Orange and was very impressed. I'm also interested to hear that Jim just purchased a new fdt at the GOTO. We'll just have to wait to see how excited he really is about his new aquisition. Could the 725 end up with a shiney twin?

John, That is actually a shaft cover. It is similar to a bicycle handgrip, or the grip on the lift lever. You should have gone with us. We had a great time. The tractor I built with the parts you gave me is sitting just to the right of Jim's tractor. The one on the far side. You can see the large rear tires in the first picture.

John A., The light on Jim's tractor appeared to be a modified automobile spotlight. It was mounted on top of the hood, and he had filled in the original hole on the front.

Thanks for all the great comments on my 725. It was a lot of work but this is what makes it all worth it. PS the covering on the front shaft is the rubber ends that go on a cane. 2 of them. .79 each at sears hardware.

Jim, That is one beautiful job on that tractor. It gives me some incentive for my B-10 Rod, What size and type are those rear tires?