Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Guide Head Light Bulbs

Hughey

Are the original bulbs with the G inside a triangle rare anymore ? If so so should I remove them for safe keeping ? They are on my Big 10 with factory Hyd.,High and low range.

David I'm sure they are at least somewhat rare(I don't know when they were last made). I have maybe six or seven of them that are on my Allis B's and the Simp 3012V. I guess maybe I should find replacements and put the originals up except for shows and such. I've really never given it much thought till now.

When mine burned out on my 2010 I looked everywhere for them with no luck. Ended up buying replacements that were actually better than the originals. It may be worth it to pull them out and save them. I STILL can't find any OEM switches for those lights either.

Hmmm... How about pulling them out, storing them, and replacing them with 35W Halogen sealed-beam bulbs? You get MUCH better lighting, and you can safely keep the collector's items...

Thanks for the answers . I think I will put them away until the total restore is complete, and replace them when its for show only.

If you don't plan on using the lights(it's a show tractor only), leave them in place. Better to not risk damaging them during removal, especially if they've been in there for a long time. I know I've had lights break trying to remove them.