Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Roy

E-bay Tiller

Roy
Gang, E-bay Item number 4319040129 says it fits 7000 Series Simplicity tractors but the hitch does not look right. The idler pulley set-up also looks different; sort of like half-way between the old type and the new type. Can anyone shed some light on what this tiller fits? Thanks,

Kent
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4319040129 It appears to have a clutch handle and idler pulley on the tiller, which would seem to indicate it was used on tractors before the cone clutch center PTO... See this sales info on the early Allis 700 attachments: http://www.simpletractors.com/models/700_series/700_early_attachments.htm According to that "more info" link they sold one model with the clutch on the tiller and one without it... probably so a new tiller could be be bought for use on older tractors.

sandyhillbill
I bought my 1st Simplicity in 1971 as a demo. with a 48" mower and a 36" tiller that looked just like the one on e-bay except everything was orange. The tractor was a 3210v landlord.

HubbardRA
Roy, You had asked about the tiller I got recently. It is not an AC tiller, but it is orange. Won't bolt up to the tractors. Gonna take some time, but I will make it work. Wish I knew what brand it was. It has some numbers, but no brand name that I can find.

UCD
I believe this 36" tiller was made for the newer B series and 3200 series . It did away with the over-center clutch on the tractor with the 32" tiller and got your hand away from the drive pulleys if you had to shut the tiller off in a hurry. This set up was simpler, used less parts one belt, was safer and most likely cheaper to produce. The 32" used 4 drive/driven V pulleys, one small 2 medium and one large, 1 small clutch/idler pulley and 2 belts. the 36" used 2 drive/driven V pulleys one small, one large and 2 small idlers & one small clutch/idler and one belt. plus it got your hands away from the drive system On the newer tractors with the cone clutch they did away with the clutch on the tiller. I would think this tiller would be the most desirable as it can be used on all models of tractor new or old with fewest mods as to size of pulleys and the drive idler set up is still available from Simplicity.

Mack
Roy, You better find out if it has the 1 1/8th inch lift bar that was used for the 300 series.I couldn't tell from the pics. on ebay if it was or not.Here's a picture of mine. [img]/club2/attach/mack/300400%20tiller.jpg[/img]

KVANDY12
ROY I HAVE THREE 36" TILLERS. BY THE LOOKS OF THE HITCH IT WILL FIT A 700 OR EARLYER MODEL TRACTOR. CAN'T TELL ABOUT THE SLEEVE HITCH SIZE.LOOK LIKE THE IDLER PULLEY LOOKS TO BE SPRING LOADED ON A ROD WHICH SHOULD BE OK. MAIN THING IS IT HAS THE IDLER ASSEMBLY PULLEYS.

Roy
Found out it is for An A-C 310 which is also for sale on E-bay but forgot to copy the item number. Look at the sellers "other items" to find the 310. It is a good looking machine. Thanks for all the knowledgeable replies.

UCD
I have no experence with that but I would think that would be the easiest thing to change. Ask the seller to measure the bottom hitch out side to outside and compare it with the hitch on your tractor.