Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3314h ]] Junked it out

Bear

Have a 3314h Im working on. How hard is it to replace axle tube and can you get new ones. Out side casting has chip out not sure if cast is broke.GUY TOOK HOME AND JUNKED IT OUT

• 2 weeks later...
It isn't all that hard to do once you get the feel for it. It may be easier to find a parts tractor and swap the trannys. Make sure it's another variable as the input shafts are different than the three speeds..... Here's a link you may find interesting, page 3 has the tranny stuff.... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=10303&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=frame%2Cup%2Crestoration%2C2012

I pulled up the parts manual from Simplicity for a 3314H Axel tube part 166066 Ran the number in Jacks database and 166066 was superceded by 1670864 with a price of $103.51 New The large frame garden tractor service manual will tell you how to replace it.

Hi Claire, I was over at a club members house, JohnWB, last week and he had a Vickers Hydo rearend without the pump, This should exchange directly into your tractor. I think he was looking to part with it, but you will probably need to pick it up from his home in West Bend, WI. Try sending him an email if you want.