Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

THE BEGINNING ??

WNC

Kent was this the start?? Posted by Kent Thomas on August 17, 1998 at 11:18:41: Thanks to everyone for their advice on a small garden tractor. I considered all, then actually followed none.... I found what I think is a "jewel in the rough" over the weekend and bought it. It's an Allis-Chalmers B210 (late 1960's? --serial #G11651) manufactured by Simplicity, with front PTO, hydraulic lift, 3 speed transmission with Varidrive (sp?). It has a newer Briggs & Stratton cast-iron engine and starts and runs excellent. I'm the third owner, and it's in good shape for it's age. Paint is original, with all decals in place, surface rust in a few areas, and minor rot (repaired) under the seat. It came with 42" 3-blade mowing deck, 42" snowblower and dirt/snow blade. Price was very reasonable (cheaper than the "naked Cub Cadets I was finding" -- much less the John Deeres) allowing a bit more money in my original "budget" for cleanup, repairs and attachments. Now I'm on the lookout for other attachments and accessories such as wheel weights, chains, plow, tiller and shredder. By the way, the manuals for this heavy-duty thing were readily available from Simplicity and my first request for parts (rod end for the steering drag link) was in stock at the local Simplicity dealer....

Yes -- it was my search for used parts and attachments that led to all this.... How did you find that post? I don't even remember which discussion board it was on -- likely Yesterday's Tractors, but it may have been Antique Tractors....

That's neat Bill. Kind of neat how it all started. Now that's got me thinking... How did each of you get into collecting AC & Simplicity? I came across this site in January 2000 looking for info on an 80's model AC rear engine rider I owned. (later sold it) Came across the site again in late April 2003 looking to see if a B-110 was worth restoring. I have been here since.

Just found these posts. It's weird seeing Kent asking these types of questions since he is so knowledgeable. Posted by Kent Thomas on September 10, 1998 at 06:10:36: A friend told me that Simplicity also made old Massey Ferguson garden tractors, but I wasn't sure of that. Is that so? Perhaps I can extend my search for old Allis Chalmers attachments to include Masseys also? Anyone know for sure? Posted by Kent Thomas on December 28, 1998 at 12:43:23: I'm looking for affordable old literature (ads, brochures, owner or technical manuals) about Simplicity and Allis Chalmers garden tractors to support the web site I'm building. Condition is not important -- only content -- I am NOT a collector and can't afford collector's prices. See the link below to see what I'm trying to build....Thanks in advance! Posted by Kent Thomas on January 20, 1999 at 09:05:31: Pass the word -- the "baby ACs" have a new home of their own. Come visit, and perhaps join the club, of owners and dealers (new and used) who appreciate these small, simple and rugged machines. In a little over 1 month, we've become one of the fastest growing clubs on the Web.... The website is still under heavy construction, but already includes specs and pictures of almost all the "baby B's" and their attachments, plus much, much more...

I found the site in late 1998 looking for info on my 7790 and a muffler and a replacement blower for the one I smashed up. Blowing side walks and parking lots you pick up or hit a lot of things you don't want to. I stumbled on a blower locally that was in new condition for $150.00. I registered but in the upgrades Kent made I got lost in the process. (my email address had changed) In Jan 2000 I logged on still looking for a muffler found that I wasn't registered and re registered. I didn't get active in the club until spring of 2001 after I sold my garage still looking for a muffler for the 7790 Lombardini diesel. Talk about rare parts try finding a 7790/920 Lombardini diesel muffler. A club member at the time that works for Nelson muffler who made the muffler for simplicity was going to have one made for me as they still had the plans and jigs and the parts were standard items. In the summer of 2002 I found one, a member in Mass was going to part out his as he was told it was going to cost $1000.00 to replace the starter on his. I bought the muffler for $50.00 including the chrome shield that I would not have got if I had it made. I also found the hard glass windshield and wiper for my snow cab that I had been looking for for a long time thanks to another member that works for Original Tractor cab. (a site sponsor) If it wasn't for Kent starting this site I would never have found it. So with seven tractors a dozen attachments a big pile of parts and a lot of fun and friends made I am still here.

My family always farmed with Allis Chalmers equipment, so I have pretty much been around the old B series lawn tractors all my life. Always liked how well they cut grass but was never really interested in them until after my father had past away and my uncle told me that I should rescue my fathers garden tractor before someone else had got a hold of it. It had been sitting in a barn yard for about a year and a half and was about to be hauled off. Ran across this club in early 2000 when I was in the process of restoring my fathers tractor and have been hooked ever since.

I had been into Allis-Simplicity tractors for several years when I came across Simpletractors. My dad had worked for AC back around the late 60's close to when I was born. I ended up with all his orriginal lit. and repair info. That kindof pushed me into more serious tinkering with Allis stuff. I've had a lot of fun with this site and my Allis tractors, it all started here with me in Nov.-2000.

My first tractor is a ~1963 MW gadenmark (simp 725)that my brother-in law gave to me about 20 years ago. I was always interested in it and rebuilt the motor on college in the early 90's. I found this site (~1999)and the rest is history. Now I have a simp 3410, AC 710 6 speed, and a 1960 simp 700. I have 2 tillers, 4 mower decks, a snow blower, snow plow, and a grader blade. John H

Started for me June 2003. Looking for parts to repair my buddy Charlie's AC 410m Rod (HubbardRA) replied with the needed parts. It snowballed from there partly because my dad was a dealer for AC in the late 60's to about 72. Charlie spotted a bumble bee b10 at an estate sale he was helping with. In July (Ralph) a one owner with all the papers including the bill of sale was my first. Fallowed by (Alice) B110 with with hydrolic lift and hi/lo. Bought from a friend who got it from my uncle years before. Tractor came through the dealership new. Then came (Fremont) 312H that Mike (MDB) spotted at Findlay show last year. He ran acrossed it later bought it to save it from being turned in to a mini-rod puller. Sold it to me because it still has our decal from the dealership on the seat. Electric lift,lights, and a lighter. This spring got me a project 400 wonderboy from E-bay. Parts and books from Sam,Dan,RayS and also a trip to Va. Matt(killer-AC). Ryan had a great plow day too. All from this site plus the grins and other contact from other members too. That snowball just keeps gettin bigger.

I was stumbling around the internet looking for info on something I was trying to do on a tractor. Stumbled on this site. Got hooked, and the rest is history. Had two then, now have four tractors, not counting the one I sold Charlie the parts from - not much left of it. Thank goodness there are not many Simplicities or ACs in this area or my wife would have divorced me by now. Becky has actually worked with me and been very understanding of my addiction. "My name is Rod Hubbard and I am a SimpletrACtors-aholic."

Just was snooping around trying to find some info on a tractor that I had found, "I was farmiluar with the A-C Name but not a tractor that small" and found the site, mid 2003~. The rest is history. Neat that this is how it all started

My father-in-law told me to buy a Simplicity, "it will last forever". So I have used the same one for 20 years now. I was looking for a throttle cable on the internet and been here ever since.

Thanks for the history. I do not remember how or why I stumbled onto the site but knew I liked it instantly. Been here ever since. Kent has managed to "hook" a lot of us.

30 years ago I had a Wonder Boy that had been thoroughly abused. I bought it for $15.00 . I used it for the next 10 years moing an acre and a half. I always had a better looking lawn that the neighbors. After the deck was completely shot. I got a craftsman. That also worked well for me. Then i moved into town and got rid of the Craftsman and bought a Lawn Boy self propelled for my small lot. Thought it would be relaxing to walk behind the mower. I did not find that to be the case. Soon bought another Simplicity I think it was a broadmoor, with mower deck and snowblower. Worked extremely well. My wife on the other hand was never happy about me buying it. Then she decided to landscape our lawn. A process that is still going on. I felt the need to have a tractor mounted tiller. Checked into new again expensive. Then the dealer told me about this 3314H that they got in trade. Tractor,mower deck, one complete vacuum system and one partial, the tiller, the snow blower and a revitalizer for $750. I bought it. again criticism on home front. Was soon after this that I discovered this site and check it over several times a day. Then I purchased a 3416H in Cleveland(it is still there) then to get later hydro and hydraulic lift and gear starting, I bought a 7116H. This unit is well worn but really liked everthing on it. But I found a 17GTH-L and bought that with tiller and deck and vaccum unit. I bought a loader this summer and reworking it for easy installation on tractor. In the process of painting loader AC orange I also have cab for tractor , wheel eights and several sets of chains. As soon as i have everything so it fits on the 17GTH-L. I plan on building a tractor from scratch with what parts I have. Was a real big fan of the 16 B&S but this twin kohler is so smooth.

I found the site in 1999. By talking to member JCS about his B-1 he had in the local paper for sale:D. I had a b-1 and he sent me here and have been here since. I grew up around the B series dad had a B-10 he bought new in 64 and I still have it. Also had a friend who had a AC dealership until about 1972. That dealership is where dad bought his from.

My father bought a 707 in 1971 for 400.00. It was 4 yrs old. He bought it because my brother and I had discovered the fairer sex and were pretty sporadic (sp) about the yard work. We had always used the push mowers and Dad figured if he was going to mow he would ride. Then came a 728, 5008, 6216, 4211 (sold it) 2012, and 2 more 707's. I lucked onto this site around 2000 or 2001 and it is the main reason I got on the web. I still have my fathers 707 and plan to restore it.

I found this site in 2003 when I was looking for a bgb for the 310 I got from my uncle. I came across this site, couldn't find much info on the 300's but then I decided to join and I've been looking for A/C's since. I have had every question I asked answered here. This is a great site, and has tons of great members. Now We have 6 running tractors, 2 410S, a 912H, A 917H, a 716H and also a Case. We have a whole bunch of attachments too. Still looking for more tractors though:). Theres two at an auction saturday, we'll have to see what exactly they are:D:D

I remember finding this site when it was I think a Yahoo forum. I remember Kent used to get so frustrated at the Yahoo site. A lot of the members that were there seem too be long gone.

My Father-in-law owned an AC farm supply store for years, and I was looking for info on a couple of farm tractors when I kept coming across this site. Well, when he closed the doors after 40 years, I helped clean out the upstairs, where all of the garden tractor trade ins were. The Floor area was 40'x 100', and mostly filled with riding tractors and Snappers and walk behinds. He told me if there was anything I was interested in, I was welcome to it. Now I had a great desire in the site that had no info on farm tractors I kept running across, because I spent a few days hauling small tractors home!!! Between what we already had, and what I brought home, we have 8 garden tractors, a yard tractor and a front cut riding mowers. All AC or Simplicity. I don't say much here, and nobody cares if I do, but I sure do enjoy it here! Rob

I was sent to this site thanks to my dad. Shortly after I bought my B10 and B112 I was looking for resources on these machines and how to keep them going. Dad sent the link and well, here I am. Everyone has been a great help. I have gone from knowing nothing about these wonderful things to knowing a little bit more.

Well, My story is easy. My dad and uncle started an Allis Chalmers Lawn & Garden dealership in the mid 80's and I grew very fond of the brand of course. I lost interst until earlier this year I stumbled across an AC for sale on EBAY. Idecided to sell my twin 18.5 horse MTD and buy a 40 yr old Big Ten and a 25 yr old 7014S. Now I just bought a B1 and a Landlord 101. Somebody slap me!!!! Never mind, my wife will. I'll always be here now.

I've been here since March 2001. In fall of 2000 I got an old AC Homesteader 8 from one of my high school teachers shortly after moving to a place with more property. Pretty soon a broadmoor followed, then one of those green ones, and the list goes on to include some 30 tractors, most don't run but hopefully soon a few more will, this site has become an enabler of my addiction, but has also helped me with lots of technical info and historical info, there's no other site with the great resources of Simpletractors and the Club. Thanks to Kent for getting this all started!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been here since May 2004, a new comer yet but really interested in these old tractors. I came across a 9Hp. Landlord at a garage sale with a snowblower, snowplow, mower deck and a grader blade all for $75. Always being a researcher of things I buy, I came across this site and have been hooked since. Since May I have also bought a 14hp regent hydro to replace our old Agway tractor and recently picked up a 7012H put out for the trash. This is becoming a real habit but enjoying every minute of it.