Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3316H info needed.......

LesH

I just saved a Simplicity 3316H garden tractor from the junkyard and am going thru it. Can anyone let me know about--what transmission fluid and filter to use?? This is the hydro with the lever on the rear of the tranny to engage/ disengage it for towing.... Also-- if anyone has a wiring diagram on this machine and could post it-- the rats ate off the wires!!! (I looked on Simplicity's website for a downloadable manual per the mfr. #8714431...but they did not have it downloadable) Thanks!!!!!!!

Try searching Simplicity's site with this MFR number: 990871 Think that'll give you the info you need. It's for a 3416H. There was a 3314H with MFR number 990655, also. I don't find any info on SimpletrACtors for a 3316H...

I believe you have the Vikers hydro unit, same as in my A/C Homelite T12. The filter element is in the cylindrical hydro fluid reservoir. The filter part number is 166147. The original specs call for Dextron automatic transmission fluid. That's what most people use in the Vickers hydros, although I believe the newer multi-purpose Simplicity hydraulic/transmission fluid can be used after a complete rebuild and removal of all the ATF fluid. The fluid reservoir is considered full when the fluid level is up to the bottom of the check plug on the side of the reservoir. Can't help with the wiring diagram for your 3316H, although the one I have for my T12 is probably similiar. As to getting info for the tractor, search the Simplicity site using 990667 for a 3310H and 3314H info. For a 3416H use 990871. Not sure there is a 3316H tractor.

There was no 3316H. #8714431 breaks down to MFG# 871 Serial# 4431 That makes it a 3416H Then add 990 to the 871 = MFG# 990871 Simplicity dropped the 990 from its MFG#'s on the ID plates and added the serial # to the end.

Dextron automatic transmission fluid. There always seems to be a little bit of confusion with this one, though most everyone would know what you mean.... The correct term is dexron without the letter "T". Don't feel bad, even the LFGT S&R manual got it wrong.... LOL