Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 100

gesgms

I was at a party recently and saw a rusted Simplicity tractor in the weeds. It had two chrome emblems on the side of the steering column sheetmetal ("Simplicity" and "100"). If a 100 was never made and it turns out that my eyes should have seen 101 instead, then, What is a 101? What are the strengths and weaknesses of 100/101s? My interest is in a good tough tractor for lifting, pulling and pushing rather than show. You have an excellent website. I'm glad I saw that Simplicity in the weeds. I've been enjoying the loader and bucket articles in particular. Know of any loaders for sale in the York, PA area? Anyone know of a source for steel 12" diameter, 12 or 13" wide wheels? Garland

Are you sure it didn't say 700 instead of 100? The first Simplicity 4-wheel tractor was a Model 700, with chrome script on the side. The Landlord 101 had outlined white numbers on the hood, beside the "racing stripe." I've never heard of a Model 100....

As Kent said about a model 100 I don't beleive there is one. More then likely it's a 700. It is one tough tractor and would be great for what you need it for. We even have a club member here Rod (HubbardRA) who's son pulls with one. Please correct me if i'm wrong, or is it a 725? As for you needing rims Member Dan (rokon2813) might be able to help you out with used ones. He always has parts for sale. If you need new ones they periodically come up for sale on eBay or you could try Miller Tire who sells new ones. (millertire.com)

Garland, As Nick said above, I have a 61 Wards (Simplicity 700) tractor that we have been running in tractor pulls off-and-on for twenty years. These tractors are very tough. Basically the same drivetrain as used in the large frame tractors up through the 7100 series of the 1980s. We are currently running a 14 Hp engine on that tractor and have never had a major problem with it. I would like to know a few more specifics about what you want from the wheels. I have two sets of 12x12 wheels on my machines. Both have been widened from narrow wheels. I also have a set of 10.5x12 wheels, that I also widened. Dan, as Nick mentioned, is running one set of his 26x12x12 tires on 8.5x12 wheels. Tell us a little more about the usage and we may be able to help more. By the way, Miller Tire has 12x12 aluminum wheels for sale for $98 each.

Thank you everyone for your information on the model 700. I'll have to go back and look at the tractor and then figure out if I need it. I was looking for inexpensive wide wheels. I have a Cadet 1200 that I hope to get up and running this winter and wanted to put 26x12x12 tires on it. I saw on Dennis Miller's Cadet website about widening wheels, but I was hoping someone knew of a source for new or used 12" wide steel wheels. I believe the Cadet bolt circle is 5 on 4.5", How about Simplicity? I've been thinking lately that dual wheels might be a better/cheaper way to go. Rod, You mentioned running a 14 horse engine, Is it a Kohler? Is the 700 drivetrain gear drive or is there a belt? Is it true that the 700 differential is limited-slip? Garland