Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Saratoga

Decks & Belts

Dave-Saratoga
Okay- in the Simplicity belt & blade guide there are 2 - 42" rotary mowers listed (well, actually 3, but 2 use the same cross drive belt) for the b-112. Each of these decks take significantly different length belts: one uses belt # 108248 (48.1") and the other uses belt # 174911 (44.1"). Does anyone know the difference between these decks and why they take different belts?

HubbardRA
More than likely it is the belt tensioner design. I have one that slides in a slot and tightens with a bolt. I had another I traded off that had a spring loaded tensioner. It could also be the pulley sizes used on the arbors, but I think these were all the same. Use a broken belt or a piece of rope to wrap around the pulleys and tensioner. Complete the loop like a belt would, then measure the length. This method may not be exact, but since there is four inches difference between the two belts you mentioned, you should be able to tell which one fits.

ROBBYDOB
B-112's listed 42" and 48" decks, but without reading notations, it looks like it lists two different belts for the same application. At least that's how my old books listed it. My HB-112 with a 48" deck uses 108458 for a cross belt. Rob

thedaddycat
quote:
More than likely it is the belt tensioner design. I have one that slides in a slot and tightens with a bolt. I had another I traded off that had a spring loaded tensioner. It could also be the pulley sizes used on the arbors, but I think these were all the same.
Just a point here, the cross drive belt is the one that goes from the PTO to the deck, the arbor drive belt is the one that drives the two outer arbors from the center one. I think Rod is talking about the arbor drive belt tensioner here, while Dave only makes reference to the cross drive belt.

Dave-Saratoga
The belt & blade manual list 2 different mfg #s for the 2 decks: Allis Chalmers 2025033 and AC 2025080. the arbor drive belts are the same for both decks: 1719819. Also, according to the b-110 and b-112 parts manual, the only difference between the PTO on those 2 models is the spring tensioning lever (it's longer on the b-112 to accomodate the additional 6" wheelbase. Everything else is the same (the next generation pto in the b-210/b-212 had a longer spring, but they're the same part number in the b-110 and b-112)

ROBBYDOB
Dave, my AC books only list one belt for the two decks listed. Crossbelt 108248 for B-112 Crossbelt 108099 for B-110 I'm at a loss, there seems to be little difference in the two decks. I see on the 2025080, more bail parts are available separately.