Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Murphy came home with me from GOTO

HubbardRA

While at GOTO rain got ignition wet on my 61 Wards. While trying to start it we fouled a sparkplug. Had to borrow a plug from Dan (Rokon) to load it on the trailer. Saturday Becky wanted some flowers cut down and an area tilled up for planting more flowers. Started the 716H center PTO clutch went out when I engaged mower. Got out push mower. Started it, then recoil ratchet locked and twisted the pull cord up in the recoil. What a mess. Got out the weedeater to cut the flowers. Just finishing when the string got messed up and went back into the cutting head. Got out the tiller. Wouldn't start. Tried starting fluid. Ran for a few seconds. Was going to pull carb off and clean it. Bolts are inaccessable. Will have to remove shrouding, throttle controls, and muffler to get carb off. Gave up on that for yesterday. Decided to put mower from 716H onto 712S that I took to GOTO. Changed mower and installed lift cable. Also switched idler pulleys. Fired up tractor and engaged mower. Belt Broke. After going two places, finally found a belt that would fit. Mowed the lawn. Tilling is still not done. Had a Mantis tiller as a backup, but sold it to Mel_W at GOTO. Anybody out there like to have Murphy as a guest? He has worn out his welcome here.

Naw, I think he's right at home where he is.:D Besides, you were all caught up on all your projects anyway, right?[:0]B) Rob.

I've had enough of him for a while. He hasn't been around lately. When we put the new tires on my 410, the old bead broke like nothing, and the rim was like new inside. The new tires went on easy, and I havent had problems since:) I think I took him to the GOTO with me.

quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
I think I took him to the GOTO with me.
So Max, Are you saying that you exported Murphy to us from Canada??;):D:D

So Graham, That's why I didn't get to meet you at GOTO. I guess you were sneaking Murphy into my truck so that he could come home with me instead of staying with you. Rob, You "know" I am caught up on my projects. Us tractor collectors are "always" caught up, right? I only have enough tractor projects to keep me busy for the next year or two. Since we got from GOTO, I have had to put the projects on hold to catch up on a bunch of things from the "Honey Do" list. I think that was the problem this weekend. All of the machines knew it was a "Honey Do" that I was using them on. Guess they don't like those projects any better than I do. Got to do what you got to do, to keep the female happy. After all she supports me in my tractor projects. Haven't had to hide anything yet.

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
I think I took him to the GOTO with me.
So Max, Are you saying that you exported Murphy to us from Canada??;):D:D
I had to get rid of him somehow:):):D

This Murphy person sounds like they help you out! Its very hard to get good help any more, so you should keep him there! Good Luck!