Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not a Simplicity but.....

ToddM

I am opening my garage to other unique brands as well. My friend has a 1975 Wheelhorse D-250, it has a 540rpm pto and a 60 inch belly mower. I do believe it has a 4 cylinder liquid cooled engine. Just wondering what others have heard of this particular machine. It has not run in a couple of years and I have no idea what it would be worth. All I know is that he paid 1800 dollars for it about 5 years ago. Thanks Todd Martin

I do know you can't get parts for the transmissions anymore and there are alot of em sitting dead out there from the differential bolts coming loose and sliding out and busting a hole in the tranny case. I personally know of two locally in that predicament.

Thanks for the input Sam, I will give it a lot of thought before thinking about buying it. Thanks again Todd

I just went on a yahoo group dedicated to D series Wheelhorses and everyone who replied to me said the engine is a Renault and it is really hard to get parts for. So if I don't get it really cheap or free, I don't think it will make it to my house. Todd Martin

Ronald Hribar
With all the new small car motors it may be possible to transplant a complete drivetrain in.