Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

gmackle

Just joined! I brought a b10 & b12 need lots of work! Have box of parts, mower deck, cycle bar, tiller. Would like to make one of them useful. Both moters run. Where do I start? I would appreciate any HELP!

Basically the tractors are identical. start by checking the rear and the bevel gear box to see which is in better shape and go from there. then decide which one you want to see run first. every part should swap so you should have no problem making one useable. welcome to the best tractor club on the net !!

Welcome to the "BEST" site in the known world. Start wit the one that you can get up and going the easyest. It will take shape from there.

Biggest question is looks. If you want it to look good, you might want to consider tearing one apart and painting all the parts before re-assembling. If you are like many of us, once you have it working, then you will want it to look good, so you will probably dismantle it later for painting anyway. Easier to do the job once than twice. If you only want a work tractor, then pick one to start with and use parts from the other to complete it and get it working. In your restoration/re-build process feel free to ask us questions. We love to help others and we usually learn new things in the process. Welcome to the club, Gordon!

Welcome to the club! My two cents...take lots of pictures. Even if you don't tear em down, they come in handy later for something unexpected. If you do a restore or two, the pics really come in handy! I'd also agree with the gear box check, thats sound advice. Also, the downloaded pdf files are really worth their weight in gold if you dont have the complete manuals.

You found the "best place to start" when you joined the fine company on this sight. These guys are always very helpful and willing to share their combined knowledge. Plus many of them deal in the parts you may need in order to support their own addiction. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll find the information, and comradarie second to none on this club. Gord U.

Welcome to the club. You got some great tractors to start with, before you know it you will be addicted. We are almost nieghbors I live near Kiel. If you need any help email me.

Nice way to start with to great tractors. I hope that you enjoy them and the club. Hope you like it here. BKASSULKE

Welcome. Don't forget about the search function on the forums. There is a ton of information out there and when you are just getting started someone else has probably already asked the same questions as you...

There is also a forum for Commonly Asked Questions, and the Tech Tips forum is another good one. Welcome to the club...

Welcome to the club!!! a service manual would be a good investment or you can download a pdf file. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32437 do you have any pictures we love pictures

Welcome ! There are many years of knowledge here more than willing to help . Also.. a good place to get help or answers , is to do a search on the archived posts. I have a B10 that is about 95% done . It was a broken down mess when I started. Couldn't have done it without all the help from these guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Your off to a good start some of the members still haven't downloaded pictures yet without having a problems. I'm one of them but I got mine figured out with help from the group. Looks like someone wanted a deere but couldn't afford it. LOL I'm not sure what the blade on the B-12 is from but i don't think its an A/C part. Do you have a hood for the B-10 if so it looks like you have everything you need to fix up both tractors. If you don't mind how much did you pay? If it's under $800 you got a good deal. Boy I wish my tiller looked that good.

Heck of a good start you got going there. Might want to get rid of that green paint though. I think I'd try working them both and try to decide which one I wanted to restore first. Good luck you will have a lot of fun with those machines.