Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Wphelps

Deck spindle moves???

Wphelps
More from previous 712H 48" mower deck 1690502 Well after getting off the pully, sheeve (spelling). One of the spindles on the side of the deck moves up and down when grabbed and moved, the other does not. Ok question is when taking off the sheeve a (light hammering to break the rusted thing off) could i have moved the lower bearing up about 1/4". If so has anybody had this happened should i get a new one and will it hurt anything to use it as is. And thanks to whomever told me to buy the bearings and the shaft from the dealer. The bearings were already pressed meaning no work at all!!! To everyone thanks for all the advice and parts It brought another AC back to life!

HubbardRA
When I rebuilt my deck last summer, I had a friend press out the old bearings and press in the new ones in. When I started to install the units, I noticed that two of mine had the up and down movement same as yours. I removed the pulley and installed shim washers to remove the slack. Also when I bolted the arbors on to the deck, the center pulley was sitting too low for the belt to track properly. I had to remove that pulley and put in additional washers to raise it into proper alignment with the outer pulleys. It now works great and is very quiet.