Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

36" snow blower

cwm1276

Thanks everyone I got my snow blower test fitted on my 7117 today, I have to finish the chute and chute turning rod. Now I just have to route the belt. I won't move the idler pulley yet. Once I get the chute finish I will post some pictures. Just a couple questions, how high should I be able to lift the blower, I am getting about a foot under it right now. Second question I will be blowing on asphalt, how should I adjust the skis?

The manual for my 36" blower says to set the blade on the ground and then adjust the skids down till they touch. If you don't want to scrape, then put a 1/4" piece of plywood under the blade and adjust the skids down. A foot of lift seems plenty high. Mine only raises 4-5 inches.

I adjusted the one that I modified last year so that it was about an inch off the ground so that it could be used on both pavement and gravel driveways. These things will really shoot rocks if they get picked up. I only have about 3-4 inches of lift. Just need enough for transport. My blower is not standard. I mounted a Sears snow blower on to my AC716H last year. Everything about the mount and lift is different than a factory unit, even the belt drive system.

It might not have been quite a foot, but the chute just cleared the front the hood, whenthe snowblower was all the way up. Should I lengthen the lift rod for less lift and more downward travel?

It's preference. I get into banks and the like with mine, so I have it set just like yours, it just clears the hood when fully raised. A 36" on 7117 should be very effective. I bet you could fill in the neighbors driveway as you clear yours! Unless your neighbors are 1000' down the road like mine. Can't wait to see some action shots. Well, I can wait. Rob

I could fit the 42" in the garage with 2 cars so I settled with the 36". My wife has our first child in October, so I will lose my shoveling partner, so I got the snow blower. By the way this 7117 is repowered with the 18hp command. In some ways I am hoping it really snows this winter.

quote:
Originally posted by cwm1276
I could fit the 42" in the garage with 2 cars so I settled with the 36". My wife has our first child in October, so I will lose my shoveling partner, so I got the snow blower. By the way this 7117 is repowered with the 18hp command. In some ways I am hoping it really snows this winter.
That's SUPER!! Congratulations! Our first is 18 months right now, it's way fun!! You won't need a shovel anymore!!:D Me too, but not for a while.8D

Question Is this a newer style 36" blower with the 7" pulley or the older style with a 5" pulley If it is the older style with the 5" pulley you might want to change it to the 7" pulley. The 7000 & 7100 series tractors used a different pulley ratio and the 5" pully will run the auger way to fast. It might throw the snow futher but will take more power to run and will plug easier blowing the heaver stuff. The engine should be turning at 3600 rpm and the auger between 2400 and 2800 rpm. This could also be a safty issue.

It is a 7" pulley. Thanks for having me check Maynard, I was just going out to adjust the skis. Thanks