Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Adding Hydraulic to my A.C. 914

KVANDY12

Just found everything needed to put hydraulics on my A.C.914. does anyone know if I need to change the relief valves or springs to have the pressure to run the hyd? Also anybody have a attchment hitch part #123096 to put tiller on my 727 broadmore? Thank to y'all.

Thanks UCD now the 64 dallor question what do I ask for and can I get what I need from any company that sells hydc. stuff?

Thanks Robert for the info. didn't think the price for them was so high. Anybody know where I might pick up some used ones? Ken

When I looked up the hydro, for same reason, the relief valve was a ball spring arrangement that mounts under a plug in the hydro beside the freewheeling valves. You don't have to replace the expensive freewheeling valves. I think the relief is set to about 150 psi for non-hydrolift, and 750 psi for hydrolift. It is listed in the parts manuals. This is where you will find the information: Go to Simplicity Tech Pub Search. Type in part number as 400. When list comes up go to edit menu and select Search ( this page) and type 7116H (same tractor as 916H). Ignore the first document (older units before hydrolift), hit next. This will bring up a document for the GTH and 7100 series hydro tractors. Under the hydro transimssion part breakdowns, you will find the trannys listed separately as manual lift, and then hydro lift. If you check assembly item 33, the charge relief valve, you will see that the only difference between the one with the hydro lift and the one with the manual lift is item number 32 (SPRING,relief valve). Manual lift units use a 1652253 Spring, and hydro lift units use a part number 1667773 Spring. You will also note that item 50, the Charge relief valves are the same on both units. These are the expensive items talked about above. They don't require any changes. It appears that the springs are the only difference, and should be relatively cheap if you can buy them separately. Hope this helps.

Ken, I had the same idea as you. I couldn't find the information that I needed either. When I attended the GOTO show in NY, I was asking Maynard about the hydraulic lift on a Sunstrand hydro since he has one. He suggested looking up the parts list and comparing the differences. I was very surprised and pleased to find out that the only difference was one little spring. Before looking it up, I also thought that the freewheeling valves needed to be changed at $100 each time two of them. My idea was to buy a commercial valve, mount it under the frame, and run a link to a lever mounted like the lever for a mechanical front clutch. There is already a hole for this lever on the right side of an AC700 series, I haven't really looked over my Simp 7116 (AC916) to see if it has the same mounting hole (only had it a month-needs lots of work). If the hole is there, a center PTO engagement lever could be used for the hookup. It may be a while before I get around to attempting this project, but I will help you in any way that I can.

Rod H. bought the hyd. lever along with cyc. and everything else. There is a hole for the lever. Now it's a matter of getting the springs and getting down and dirty. But time is allways the problem. thank again guys for the help.

Ken, If you have a cylinder, could you measure the collapsed length and the extended length for me? I'd like to know these dimensions from center of mounting pin to center of the other mounting pin. With these numbers, I could possibly find a cylinder elsewhere that would work.

Rod maybe I'm mistaken but their is a cone release and a charge release valve.

group items 35 and 39

My manual shows six basic sundstrum models 3 with/without hydro lift.

Ambler, You are correct, I missed one of the valves when I was doing the comparison. I didn't have the correct manual, was just checking through the manuals on the Simplicity site trying to find the differences.

Ambler looked at your profile picture reminded me of my wintery days in Mn. Don't miss the snow. Want thank you and Rod for finding that other spring, have order them from the factory in Wis. will be here in about a week. thanks ken

Ken, Other than the two springs, you also need 1652214 Cone, Relief Valve, and 1652216 Shim, to complete the assembly of the valve on the side of the pump. The parts breakdown shows only the cap and seal in the ones without the hydro lift, so you have to install the entire check valve assembly.