Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homemade headlight bracket........pics

DavidG

I just finished installing this headlight bracket for my B-10, Cost was about $4.00 including hardware. I made it out of 1/2" conduit bent to about 30 degs., and 2 conduit/pipe hangers. I also flattened the ends where the headlight mounts attach, and rounded the ends. I know the purists won't like it, but nothing was modified to make it fit. I also like that it goes with the round arm rest tubing.... kind of matches it.

If you don't tell them most people won't know. And those that do should be impressed. Very nice work. Not trashy or clubbie looking blends right in and looks to be factory made for it.

Dave, Great job!! Looks just like it belongs that way. Very nice looking tractor too. How about a shot or two of your stack muffler?

Rod....... The muffler is stock for a farmall cub. I had painted it with high temp. paint , but it was starting to flake off not long after I put it on. I had a scrap piece of thin ga. stainless, so I cut it to size and wrapped it around the can. I used a piston ring compresser to squeeze it tight and hold it in place, then secured it with stainless screws. Dave

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it. I think if I make another one of these brackets, version 2 may have a hole with a grommet located near each end, so that the wire could be routed internally through the tube . I think it would give a cleaner look. Chad.. As far as the hood , that is about the last thing to do. It's in primer now. I'm awaiting the arrival of Frances , so depending on how much damage i get, will determine when , (or if) I finish it up.