Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC713S in its Work Clothes

HubbardRA

I took my AC713S to GOTO. Several people that I talked to there did not appear to believe me when I said that it was going to become my primary lawnmower. Here it is on display at GOTO.

Last Saturday I installed the new hood decals that I purchased from Sandy Lake at GOTO. On Sunday I hooked up the 48 inch mower that I rebuilt last summer and had been previously using on My AC716H. After that I mowed the lawn with the 712S. Here is a picture taken just after I finished mowing the lawn.

It will be put to work tomorrow to cut the grass again. If anyone thinks this is a stock photo from somewhere else, then check out the air cleaner and the exhaust. Have you ever seen those on a stock tractor? This shuttle tractor does a great job of mowing, but I like the speed control of the hydro much better than the gears of this shuttle.

Looks sharp to me, I like the look of the exhuast, I guess there isn't a nelson muffler under that hood?

Nice job on the A/C! I'll have to contact Sandy Lake, on the decals. Been putting off restoring my 710, until I can find all of the decals.

For those of you interested in the exhaust, there is a Cub Cadet muffler mounted under the hood. The chrome tip is actually mounted to the hood but lines up with the pipe when the hood is closed. A Nelson muffler would also work with this setup, if I had one. Cub muffler was laying in the garage when I built this tractor. This tractor was not a restoration. It was a resurrection. I did not get it as a tractor. Got a frame, got a front axle, got a hood, got atranny, etc. Mostly parts that were being thrown away. Finally, one day I looked at the pile of junk lying behind my garage and I began to see a tractor. After nearly two years of working on it once-in-a-while, it if finally complete. Next project is a restoration of a Simplicity 7116.