Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Firestone Ag tires

MPH
Weekend or two ago I recall seeing a set of new Firestone Ags on someones tractor here, I replied question sorce and price but I can't find the post. I did a search for Firestone and only a few rather old topics came up. Would the owner of those please come forward...

HubbardRA
Marty, Check with Rustybore's Tire Store on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Rustybores-Tire-Store_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm I think I say Firestones listed on his site. Carl is excellent to work with. If you don't find the Firestones in his listings, you can email him at Rustybore@aol.com. I called and talked to him when I was ordering my first tri-ribs. He has a distributor a couple of miles from his place. If the distributor can get it then Carl will get for you. He told me that if it wasn't listed, then get in touch with him. His name is Carl King. He is the possible sponsor that couldn't see the the ADs.

rsachs
Marty, I have to ask, do you feel those Firestone Ags have better performance than the Carlisle Super Lugs. I'm trying to get my dreaming on the right track before buying. Anybody know how deep/tall the lugs are?

maxtorman1234
I've never had Carlisle ag's to compare these with, but they'll go through just about anything. I drove through the creek that has about 9" of water in it, and is full of mud and they hardly slipped. I cant even get anywhere near this with turfs. They're good for pushing dirt too, just need weight on them. They dig into the loose dirt good, and it's pretty hard to stop, it just keeps pushing.

MPH
Really can't say Rollin if the Firestones are any better or not. I'm by no means unhappy with the 10.5 Carlisle I have on the B-112, or the 6 x 23 x12's I have on the 725, or the Titan tru-power's on the 4040. Guess I want the Firestones just because they have stuck with the same angle so many years. I do recall dad had Firestones on one Farmall H and B F Goodrich on the other and the Firestones did better under heavy field work such as plowing or discing.

acken
You might want to count lugs also, they vary even within brand. Even more so between brands. More lugs mean more contact on ground, and smoother ride. Pretty tough to beat that 23 degree lug on Firestones for grip.