Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Topics!?

D-17_Dave

With all this talk about tractors and stuff getting harder to find, how long will it be before we run out of topics to post and talk about? There won't ever be a time where we run out of something to work on, but seems to me there ain't but so much you can talk about on these little tractors. If the box stores keep selling the trash like the last few years, seems to me the ? will just get dumbed down like our public schools. Can't wait to see when someone asks us where to put the key in, or something along that line. Makes me want to park the HB in the basement like a time capsule and save it so my kids know what a real lawn tractor used to look like.:D

I don't know about the old ones, but the newer ones of 30-35 or so years old are still plentiful.... words you'll never hear the MTD gang say!! LOL

Dave, People will never run out of questions. New members ask the same questions that older ones asked a year or so earlier. Always someone doing something different, or breaking something that shouldn't break. Many times I learn a lot from answering questions and looking at other peoples answers and combining this with a little arguing about who is right. Most of us "experts" will still be talking tractors even when the subject turns to "how it was back in 04 when we had real tractors". We're all friends, and as some of us have said after a couple of tractor shows, we feel more like a family. When we went out to dinner at GOTO or stood on the parking lot at the motel and talked, most of the time we were talking about something other than tractors. The people at this site enjoy each other's company and have a good time when they get together. I think at least a small group of people from this site will keep in touch with each other and get together once-in-a-while even if this site goes away. It is just a group of good people. I've been impressed with everyone from this site that I have met in person. And I have met several people that I now consider to be friends outside of this site.

Rod, I think you hit the nail with a sledge hammer. I too have met some great people through this site. It somewhat dissapoints me that here in piedmont NC I stay so busy through the summer mounths that I cannot attend the midwest shows like I'd like too. Maybe someday. Here's to everyone I've met or talked to through my few years at ST. Thanks everyone who pitches in this club to make it what it is. With friends like this, who needs Dipstick..

Dave, It was a 9 hour drive for me to go to from VA to NY to GOTO. Last year I went to Colchester CT, about a 10 hour drive. There is talk about maybe having the big get together at somewhere like Carlisle PA next summer, if someone can set it up. That might put a show within your driving range. It would only be about 4 hours away from me.

It's not the driveing time that bothers me, as I'm used to long driveing times from driveing a big truck.It's the time off during the summer mounths. I'm working on changeing jobs so my schedule works better with the show season. So maybe sometime next year.

What is a "Wonder Boy"? Is that one of those new MTD tractors? Someone said you steer them with a stick. Is that like the stick I used to guide the cows to the barn?

If I have to use a stick to get that boy to mow the lawn. I guess its best to find some thing else! What is this MTD thing?

We will never run out of questons, We will never run out of answers. The MTD thing , I mow my grandpa's yard with his new Cub Cadet, MTD And it gets sorrier and sorrier every time i mow with it. It does not mow like my old A-C :)