Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tracked B-series

bkassulke

Anyone ever thought of making a tracked b-series or other kind of Allis Chalmers lawn or garden trator. Idea just kinda popped into my head. What do other memebers like me think??? like usefulness or build difficulty... BKASSULKE

Almost scary if someone else has warped ideas like me. I would like to build a crawler on B series chassis. There is a guy who built one from a 100 Cub Cadet, he did an awesome job. However, my plans are to build a 4WD articulated first. I have already started amassing the parts needed. Early thinking has me using a couple of 3 speeds, driven by hydraulic motors, with a 23hp Kohler providing the push. Have to finish the B-10 already occupying the shop first.

acken do you have a picture of the Cub Cadet??? the 4wd articulated sounds pretty cool. Let me know if you get either of these done. What b-series were you thinking of????

quote:
Originally posted by bkassulke
acken do you have a picture of the Cub Cadet??? the 4wd articulated sounds pretty cool. Let me know if you get either of these done. What b-series were you thinking of????
Here's the link with photos > http://www.ihcubcadet.com/crawler100.htm

Thanks Dutch for passing that link. I seen the Cub Crawler at the Show in Dyersville earlier this summer. Only worked done on articulated is still in my head. So far I plan on using vane or gerotor type hydraulic motors, to get the speed I need. Will still go through the 3 speeds to get range and reverse. Would like to be able to use AC attachments, at least on rear when its done. I can't wait to see it with my plow on back.

I am also looking into an articulating tractor. I want to get it to look like a b-series body, I have plans on paper. From what I have read you use a hydraulic motor to drive the rear engine powered of the engine in the front. Only propblem is that they would have to have equal speed. Any ideas are really appretiated. I am hoping to get an old ac b series and tear it apart to make an articulating tractor for my second tractor and I want to use the attachments as well. I am trying to get it planned out. What are elon and kirk planning???? Thank you for all the help.

quote:
Originally posted by bkassulke
What are elon and kirk planning????
I think what Rob was refering to is Kirk and my out of this world ideas.:D I was going to make a broadmoor with two working rear ends. I was going to make a dumping bed as well. That project is on hold right now. Way too meny things I have to do first. Elon

Take a look at this, you'll find it interesting I'm sure...... http://www.litefootatv.com/ And for those who think a little bigger than an ATV.... http://www.mattracks.com/

It will have two rearend/trans, will mount a hydraulic motor on each one. By hooking the hyd motors in series it reduces amount of oil flow needed. At higher speeds it could have handling problems, but I don't think that is a huge concern. Don't know what to do about BGB, would like a way to operate rear implements. Will style it similar to round hood B series.