Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydrostatic and differentials

Ronald Hribar

Does the 17 GTH-L Sunstrand have the same capabilities as the 7117? It does not seem as beefy as the 7117. Also the limited slip does not appear to work as well as the 7117 although the 7117 had wheel weights on and the 17 GTH does not. This comparsion was noticed when mowing lawn and have somewhat of an incline to traverse. Both have same type of tire. Also was wondering if Sundstran would have enough capacity to run loader? Would have to add second valve. Would unit out of Power Maxs fit in place of original? I would like to have built in system to run loader. Also was thinking of mounting auxilary pump permantely on front Pto.And mount set of valves on seat pan. Cannot find decent spot for supply tank. There is an loader on E-Bay that appears to have pump and supply tank mounted on rear hitch and probably driven by rear pto. Would be fine when loader is on, but thought if I had auxilary pump I could try powering different attachments. Probably dreaming again. But it does occupy my time.

The 17 GTH-L and the 7117H are basically the same tractor. The limited slip one the 17GTH-L might not be working properly. You can not run a loader off from the Sundstrand hydrostatic. The pump and fluid reservoir do not have the capacity to handle the job. You will have better luck with an auxilerery pump on the engine SmilinSam did a very nice conversion to one of his tractors using a pump mounted to the front of the engine with a modified grill. It looked factory built.

Does he have pictures posted someplace? I have pump mounted nicely behind grill, just do no have nice palce for tank. I figure I need 2 gallon tank.