Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'New' Landlord

clyde

A friend of mine had asked me to keep my eyes open for a tractor for him. He was just looking for something to mow with. Well, I just picked up this 2110: [img]/club2/attach/clyde/2110a.jpg[/img] It came with a couple of plow blades (not Simplicity), a cart (a Red Devil Load Hog!), a nice 42" deck, wheel weights and chains. The guy I bought it from made the plow hitch - very rugged although it attaches to the two tabs on the front of the axle: [img]/club2/attach/clyde/2110f.jpg[/img] He also made the wheel weights, that look to be about 2" thick steel: [img]/club2/attach/clyde/2110c.jpg[/img] Now the problem. I planned on taking off a couple of things I wanted (like the headlights and front pulley) and sell my friend just the tractor, deck and plow. But the more I look at it, the more I don't want to let it go. How do I explain this to my wife![:0]

In cases like that, I steal that line from "Mary Poppins". When she asks you to explain it, you just tell her "I'd like to start by saying one thing, I never explain anything...." LOL

AC808 - I like the way you think! CHRIS727 - the couple I bought it from called it 'old number 3' - said it had some meaning to them, but didn't share what it was!

Tacey - I go this off e-bay. I put in one last bid at my max and won it by 20 cents. :D I thought it was a fair deal at $155.76. Rob-B - only because I moved a bunch of stuff outside! Still don't know what I'm going to this winter yet. Comet66 - Little nervous about using the 'Tractor Fairy'. She already thinks I'm crazy! [:0]

$155.76? Ebay is brutally honest when the question is "What's it worth?" As much as I watch Ebay, I always seem to see the Thousand Dollar Deals... Nice job, clyde! Tacey

• 2 weeks later...