Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Mower Blade Questions

leeave96
The Prestige is cutting GREAT! Removed the plastic discharge chute and added and anti-blowout kit. Ridding the chute allows the clippings to blow and scatter much better and the anti-blowout kit pretty much keeps the grass from piling-up on the top of the deck as it did prior to adding it. But - the mower does NOT sling those clippings quite like the John Deere it replaced! Looking at the stock blades (this is a 3 blade, 44" deck), they don't have quite as much lift (the portion bent-up at the rear of the blade) as the JD blades. My question is - does Simplicity make a high lift blade? I thought that perhaps when one adds a bagger, they would retro fit the blades with something that gives the grass a bit more push out of the deck. What about those Gator blades? Just courious, thanks in advance, Bill

RayS
They have a high lift blade that goes with the 44 inch mulch kit that they sell but you could by the blades seperately. I have never had discharge problems with the 50 inch deck that is on mine. How tall is the grass before you decide to cut it? The Gator blades seem to stay sharper longer, seem to be quieter but don`t seem to throw the grass as far as the stock blades. Simplicity also has a Elimnator blade that does an excellent job of mulching but at $22.00 to $25.00 a piece seem a little high priced and seem to be made out of soft steel.

leeave96
There's no real problem with mowing - the machine cuts great! Haven't been able to get any real stripes yet, but I think that is more due to the quality of grass being cut. About every other week or so, we cut grass at a camp - and you'd expect the quality of cut to go down, though that really hasn't happened - so far so good! I'd like to look at the mulch kit and a bagging kit for the Prestige on the Simplicity parts viewer. Would anyone have part numbers for those? Thanks! Bill

RayS
The mulch kit that you need is part number 1692884 if you go to this site http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php and put in this number you can download a manual. If you go to this link http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32437 it will tell you how to navigate the simplicity site. And you can sort thru the manuals and find the bagging system for this machine. I don`t happen to have the numbers for the bagging system.