Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 42" deck Question

wasmeneh

Bought an old 42" deck off of Ebay, add says it was off a B10. It's in great shape and the spindles seem tight. Didn't take the belt covers off until I got it home and lo and behold....no belt tensioner(sp?). Idler pulley is just on a bearing, no spring or idler arm. Belt tension seems great. Is this right? Any idea what number the deck might be so I can find the manual for it (no id marks)? Thanks in advance Mike

some of the older one's had a idler mounted in a slotted hole without a spring. I'm sure someone can come up with a mfg. #

The 990190 and I believe 990285 decks had the slot for the idler pulley, not sure if the 990407 deck went to the spring tensioners. These would have been the decks made before and through the B-10 tractors(early and late) production span. Try looking at the Made When tables for a ton of information, also the What Fits may yield more data to cross reference.... http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/made_when.htm