Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

need twin briggs

patrician12

Anybody out there with a extra twin briggs for sale?I know this belongs in the classifieds but I'm doing someone a favor and there is a time factor involved.forgive me.

I've got an 18 horse twin in a Crapsman (vertical shaft), but I haven't seen it run since I've had it. I can pull it out next Saturday if necessary. Starter is good, good spark, good compression, just needs carb work I believe. What's the need and conditions?

I guess you're looking for vertical crank engines, then?? I have a Briggs 16 twin and Kohler 18 twin but both are horizontal cranks.....

Hi, Beware on the Sears engines. A lot of them have a stepped crank and won't work in other applications without changing the crank. My 2 cents worth and its free, value accordingly. Al Eden

i may be able to get two of them cheap. there is a guy selling s of them in rhode island not far from me. see Item number: 4322276953 ebay.

Ok, I will check it out Saturday, I'm in college now, and I'll probably go home Friday night. I'll tinker with the carb some see if I can get er to turn over. It's in a K-mart which, is an AYP, and looks just like a Crapsman just it's green and white.