Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jaiden

finally got a simplicity!

Jaiden
Well I finally made a deal on a 4211 5 speed to be the weekly cutter! Talked the guy down to $200 and the thing cuts great. It cut's alittle lower than I expected but still I like it! The 2 issues I have to work out to make the little guy fully functional is either adjust or replace the brakes and solve the low charging voltage problem. Any clues where to start? I have the operator manual ut it doesn't state any info on the charging system and I'm only getting 8 volts at half throttle! I'm going to look into the brake adjustment but how is it to replace the brake? Thank's for all the help in advance!

HubbardRA
James, I have an 11 Hp B/S on an old tractor sitting in my back yard. I know nothing about it. Let me know if you need any parts and I'll check to see if mine has them. I recently gave away a 11 Hp that had a working charging system. I may be able to get the parts from the guy I gave it to if you need them and mine does not have them. Let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Nubian
Call Briggs and give them the numbers off the engine and they will send you a manual free of charge. I have all the manuals for parts and attachments for the Deutz-Allis 611H that I own it is the twin to the 4211. Let me know if you need any info off them I can also scan some pages and email them to you ;) I was going to restore mine but got side tracked, now I have the carb apart and can't find certain parts.:(

keifer2k3
Great mower! The only thing that'll stop the "little guy" is rust. My parents bought one new when I was a kid and my brother and I tore the heck out of it. We even flipped it a couple times "hill climbing"B). I eventually ended up with it in real bad shape, would'nt run, rust holes in the deck and everything. I cleaned it up and used it for years. That was 15 years ago! I no longer have it but its still cutting grass with no major restoration!! I use to jump mine with my car and jumper cable. Never did have any brakes... I thought that was what reverse was for^. Keep asking around about the manuals (including repair manual} some one will have them in .pdf they're the download 100x over!

PhanDad
Go here: http://www.briggsandstratton.com/display/router.asp?docid=78484 to download operators manuals and parts lists for Briggs engines. You have to purchase repair manuals. There is a deal for the small engine repair manual, manufactured after '81, on CD (CE3057) - Only $7.00 on the Briggs site - don't know the shipping and handling charge.

Salthart
If you look under ( I think ) the right rear, you should see a rod going from the foot pedal to the brake arm. The arm is held on a stud buy a nut. With the tractor in neutral and 1 rear wheel off the ground, Tighten that nut a quarter round at a time until the wheel no longer turns. Then back it off till it turns freely. ( Should be only a quarter round or so ) Good luck