Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B series headlights

acken

Can anyone help me with original location of headlight switch for B-10? Mine I don't beleive are original switch, unsure of correct placing. Did they use additional switch for rear worklight? Have original lights, and bracket.

If you have the newer light kit for the B-10, as in the pic below, you can download this manual for the Simplicity equivalent and it will show, with measurements, exactly where to mount the light switch: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1274_00_AT_S.pdf

Here is a photo of the switch on my 64 B-10. it is in the original location but it is not the original switch. The originals were like the one in Gregs post.

Note -- if you're also installing a rear work light. One of the "tricks" that I've used is to buy an aftermarket automotive switch that has two "on" positions and several terminals. Hook the headlights up to the "parking light" pole, and the rear work light up to the "headlight" pole. Then, you can use the headlights without the rear work light on, if you choose to do so, with the switch in the first "on" position, or you can have all three lights on at the same time, by pulling the switch all the way out.

There is a factory knockout on the upper right hand side of the dash on all of my tractors. That is where my Big Ten switch is located. Hope this helps,Matt. I can send a pic if you like.8D