Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tjlep

Out for trash pick-up

Tjlep
Hello all, Labor day morning I was headed for the drug store When I spotted this 7012 Landlord on the side of the road. I slowed down and looked and decided to go on and stop on my way back. Once I stopped and looked at it for awhile I decided to go up to the house and ask them how much they were asking for it. A lady answered the and explained to me that The tractor had not run in years and that it was out on the street for trash pick-up. I asked If she minded that I take it and she told me to go ahead. To make this short by the evening it was running and moving arond. Also came with a 42" mower deck. [img]/club2//attach/Tjlep/7012.jpg[/img]

HubbardRA
Great Find! I'd like to run on to a couple like that. Had to buy all of mine, either with money or a lot of labor. Did find a Sears Suburban at the local dump. Brought it home, got it running and mowed my lawn with it for 5 or 6 years, till the ignition on the Tecumseh engine died. I have had very good luck with give away items, yard sales, and at the local dump. Congratulations on that great find!

gregc
quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Doesn't it give you a nice warm feeling to know you are saving the envioronment by recycling someone elses trash? Great save!!
I think the warm feeling comes from getting a great tractor like that for free!:D Sweet!!

Tjlep
I'm glad everyone likes it. I wasn't really in the market for another tractor, earlier this year I purchased a 65 9 Hp. Landlord with a snowblower, plow, grader blade and mower deck. I was planning on restoring the 9Hp. and using it but now I'm wondering if my attachments will fit this one, It does seem like a real workhorse. Anyone have an opinion on which tractor would be a better work tractor, I may have to sell one due to space.

gmackle
I don't what to ruin your day but I have a friend that picks up this discarded junk. He is contracted with these people and he depends on some of the things he picks up to resell! In our community if you but something out on the curb for pick-up, like aluminum cans, it is against the law for anyone to take these except the junk dealer. So think about this next time. You could always call the junk dealer and make a deal. Which I have done, they deal real good! Thanks, I'm new here and enjoy all the imput and hope to make alot of friends!

Tjlep
I know some people do pick up scrap for income, this was put out for Municipal pick up. Around where I live the local townships will pick up large items like refrigerators and washer dryers and they wind up in a landfill. I would never cheat anyone out of their living.