Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pet name for your favorite tractor

JJ MARSHALL

how many of you have a name for your tractor < no not that name > i'm talking about what you call it when everything is working right. i call my 416 A/C < HER > of course i have call it some other names.but we want talk about those. what do you call you're ? JJ

My b112 is named Alice. She has her name printed on the battery case in blocky black letters.Since she didn't have a battery cover to start with i made one out of an old computer case. My other names for her I will not post in public:).

I haven't really named my current work tractors. When I was into tractor pulling they each had a name: Plum Krazy, HydroPhobia, Woop-T-Doo, ThunderFoot. We still have ThunderFoot (61 Wards-Simplicity 725), and HydroPhobia is now my AC716H-but we no longer use that name for it. Plum Krazy was a homemade tractor with a 750cc Suzuki engine that I pulled, and Woop-T-Doo was a homemade tractor with a 550cc Suzuki engine that I built for my oldest son.

My HB-212 with 48" deck that gets used often I call Red,only cause it's painted red.The HB-112 that gets used for tillin is called Old Blue,cause it's blue and a little older than Red.If and when these two tractors get painted,there names may change.I had a 410 allis that was named Orange Thunder which was used for a pullin tractor before I put it back to stock.

My bumble bee B10 is (Ralph) after the original owner. My B110 is (Alice) My 312H is (Fremont) because it came through our dealership that dad had in Fremont Oh. It still has the Sticker on the back of the seat.

Well i'm sure some of you remember the names that I used for my tractors, but I will reiterate. My first true love is my first Garden Tractor the Deutz-Allis 1920 Ultima which I affectionately call Big Daddy because it is so versatile and if push came to shove and I had to keep just one it would be it! My other true love is my first ever diesel Deutz-Allis 5215 which I call Big Dog because it is so powerful and again so versatile because of it's Cat 1 3pt hitch.;)

My favorite tractor is the HB-112 that I got from Dan (Rokon 2813) I refer to it as The HB The other one that we use alot is our 3212-H I refer to it as The H

My Landlord got nicknamed the "big tractor" mostly because at the time I still had the Broadmoor. Hence, my wife called them the big tractor or the little tractor.

When they are running I call them all kinds of sweet names, usually named with some reference to the town from which they came. However for some reason, when I am having trouble with them, they all get the same name.... S.O.B.

My 1964 Landlord is named Stinky. My wife hung that moniker on it soon after I got it because it burned oil until I finally put new rings in it.

My 20hp Lagecy is named Katy (K.T.) after the virginia lee burton book, Katy and the Big Snow....My 5 year old named it this because nothing can stop her! Ron