Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity paint colors

rwelch

I'm restoring a ca. 1955 Montgomery Ward Plow-Trac garden tractor manufactured by Simplicity as model 87 SIM 5828A. I want to repaint it in the original orange color, but Simplicity says they don't make it anymore. It appears to be very close to Plasti-Kote's "Chevrolet Orange" engine paint, but I can't see using engine paint where a high temperature paint isn't needed. What is a good matching spray paint? Can anyone tell me the beginning and ending dates for manufacturing this Simplicity model? Richard Welch Farmington, New Mexico <welch7985@yahoo.com>

Here is what my AC713S looks like when painted with Chevy Engine Orange from a rattlecan. The paint isn't really high temperature paint. I used True Value Navajho White on the wheels.

Hi, Here is my 64 Simplicity Landlord that i paint with Chevy Red/Orange engine paint.I like the way it came out.Thanks Tony

Jeepers! I was only "guessing" when I chose Chevy orange engine paint and Navajo White for painting my 3210-V. The Navajo white seems to have the eggshell shade of the original paint. Nice to know my choice wasnt so far off after all.

Chevrolet Carosel red is a very good match for the Simplicity orange. Just had some mixed at the local auto paint supply store for my next project. It will be a while before I finish it but will post some pictures when it is done. Probably sometime next spring. Carosel red is also called Hugger Orange.