Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is it worth it?

tipspeed

I recently found a Agco-Allis 918 at a Simplicity dealer. It has a little over 300 hrs. on it. He says it's a 97 year model and it is very clean without scratches or dents. Engine sounds good, no smoke. It comes with mowing deck only. Is $1500 kind of high or right on for it's value?? Thanks for any input.?

I dont think that is a bad price for a tractor that was $6000.00 new. You cant get a good tractor for $1500.00 at a box store.Check the engine everything else out and take it from there.I had problems with my 99 model when new but had a dealer that fixed my problems under warranty and have not had any problems with my AGCO918 every since.I had to get on the phone with kohler and tell them the prblems and my dealer friend fixed them for me.I love my Agco918 and wished they wouldnt have stoped making them but tractors arent made forever. AGCO918

Hey guys, thanks for the input but alas, as I passed by the place yesterday the 918 was gone. I probably missed a good one but on the other hand I dont know if I need to spend that much for a tractor at this time. Nonetheless, it was a real good looking unit. I tried earlier to get into the club to check this post but I kept getting that "Banned from this forum" thing. Is this widespread problem?? Are many of you experiencing this?