Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big10 Rear end Wont shift,, need help,parts

fireballv8

The transaxle in my Big Ten was real hard to shift from 2-r to 1-3, sometimes it would, most times it wouldn't. Then it absolutely wouldn't shift into the 1-3 range (towards the steering tower). Then the shift rod came unhooked and and moved freely in all directions. The shift stem had come out, it stripped out 1/4" of threads in the shift rod. My guess is that someone cross threaded it at one point. Not a hard fix, if you have th parts, which I need. Besides parts, the thing always jumped out of 2nd gear. There is a gear that has the sides chewed up a bit, really only chamfered about 3/32" or so on the edge. You can see what gear it is if you look at the scanned picture from my service manual.

Can anyone tell me if the gear is making it pop out of 2nd? And, does anyone have a spare shift stem and shift rod, and a gear or gears on shaft "a".B)

Hi, I will give you all the inside parts of the trans you need for shipping cost, just send me an email and be slightly patient as I will have to split one of the cases on my spare trans. John