Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Run in remains of Ivan

ambler

Left yesterday morning at 8:00 AM for Flint MI vicinity. Met with John Bishop on the way to deliver sunstar three point hitch. It was a pleasure to meet a John. John tooled up in his 1966 Comet. Wish I could have stayed longer. This is what I was after.

It was overcast in MD when I left at 8:00AM, the rain became heavy on the PA turnpike Breezewood to Ohio. Once I got to OH it was clear Sailing. It was the same on the return Heavy rain starting in PA, by then there were mudslides and standing water. Maryland trek was wild with heavy winds and driving rain. Truck (F250HD) was loaded and little effect by the wind. Arrived home at 3:15AM 1100 miles.

The tractor is a candidate for one of Al's kits. It originally had an overhead cam TH18 in it. Most of the attachments will be for sale to club members.

Nice load hey. I know what those long trips are like. Kent Maynard and I took one about 1 1/2 ago..........3/4 the way across cross country. Excellant time though! Rob

Ambler the pleasure was all mine! I too wish we could have visited a little. I have enjoyed each person I have met so far that is involved in this hobby. Both the "Simple Guys" and the brand X-ers. Nineteen hour turn around is pretty good time, but the last 200 mile must have been pretty tough in that weather.