Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Right Vacuum Adapter for Leaf Turbo?

LFinne

Late last year I bought a turbo leaf system for my 7114 (rear mounted turbo, hoses, trailer for leaves). I have a 42 inch deck. The adapter (from deck to hose) that came with it may not be the right one. I think I can make it work, but the holes do not line up exactly right. There is no part number visible and in the catalogs they all look pretty much the same. Deck number is 1690501. It looks as though the deck may be a little too deep, perhaps an inch or so, for the adapter (although I can bolt it on). I still have time to order another adapter, if I need it. Does anybody know how many different adapter models there are and how snug the fit is supposed to be? Larry

I don't know how many adapters that there were, but the fit should be snug... you have the adapter for the 48" deck, which has a larger opening.

There are different adapters for different decks. 42", 48", early model, late model, metal, plastic. Call Sandy Lake. They'll get you the correct one. BTW - I've found either mislabeled decks or parts book typos regarding the 1690501/1690502 decks.