Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Buying a 7016 regardless

patrician12

This Saturday I put a deposit on a 7016 hydro.It seems very clean and must have been garaged garaged.A local dealer is selling it as a trade in.He wants a $1000.00 for it and doesn't seem to needed a thing.Briggs single cylinder 16 hp.(my favorite engine)48" deck that looks beautiful.The only thing I don't like is no electric or hyraulic lift mid or rear.If it had a rear lift would this be hydraulically operated off the pump?I think most of the mids are electric.I can live with it.How many hydraulic attachments or accessories could it have been ordered with?

7000 series used electric lift. The 7100 series had the hydraulic lift operated off from the Sundstrand pump The same lift is used front mid and rear 7000 series did not come standard with rear lift which is connected to lift via a cable. There are & were no hydraulic operated attachments. All power attachments were belt operated by the front and center pto's The front PTO was not standard either, it had to be ordered separately

It must have a lift for the mower deck. Or is that manual? Either way you can purchase rear lift $200) from dealer.

The lift shaft has the manual lift handle keyed to the left end, the front lift arm keyed to the right end, and a thin arm welded offset to the right under the frame of the tractor for the mid-mounted implements that use the center lift arm, like the mower deck or grader blade. Some mid-mounted implements use the front lift arm, such as the cable lift sickle bar mower. There are also two thicker arms welded to the shaft to the right of center for the electric lift to attach to. This lift shaft is from a 3310, which still used the rear lift rod instead of the cable, so it has the single arm on the left side for the rod clevis to attach to. This lift had the front and mid/rear counter balanced, that is, as the front was raised the mid/rear was lowered. [img]attach/thedaddycat/DCP04440.JPG[/img] Starting with the 3400 series, a cable was used for the rear lift instead of the rod. This pic is taken from the front of the tractor, so the right side of the pic is the left side of the tractor. Here you can see that on this 3416 H the attachment point for the cable points downward, instead of upward like on the 3300 lift shaft. This lift was also rigged from the factory so that the front and mid/rear lifts were not counter balanced, but operated simultaneously as is shown in this pic. In order to make the front and rear lifts counter balanced, you would need to run the rear lift cable in front of the lift shaft instead of behind it. They also went with a cable for the mid-lift, and you can see that the arm for that also points downward and is angled instead of straight. The front and mid lifts operate in tandem, meaning that they move in the same direction at the same time. I have never heard anyone discuss the desirability of or the need to counter balance the front and mid lifts... You can also see in this pic where the electric lift attaches to the lift shaft, and the implement end of the mid lift cable just below it. The 7000 series would be the same as the 3400 series, if I'm not mistaken. I hope this helps..... [img]attach/thedaddycat/DCP04442.JPG[/img]

I'm going to check it again when I pick it up Saturday but the whole tractor except for the rear tire size being bigger is identical to my 912 6 speed and 7110 6 speed.I have a 16hp Briggs in the 912 just like the 1 I just bought and could have sworn the 7116 had a cable to lift the deck.