Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FYI - Haban Sickle Parts from Sears

CarlH

A recent posting in the Haban group that I follow identified a Sears sickle mower made by Haban for Sears which has several parts available. Go to sears.com > parts and enter model 842.26002. There is also parts diagrams available.

Dave, I don't know if any Simplicity sicklebar mowers were manufactured by Haban and sold by Simplicity. Allis Chalmers sold Haban variants for the AC 300 and 400 tractors (I have one of these). I _think_ that Haban may have sold an aftermarket sicklebar mower for some Simplicity tractors but I have not seen any.

I may be wrong, but I'm of the opinion that all Simplicity/Allis sickles were made by Haban. As for the unique housings and hitches, did Haban make them to Simplicity specs, or did Simplicity start with basic Haban components and make their own housings and hitches? I don't know. That would be an interesting research project.

Dutch, You may well be right. But, having both Simplicity/AC sold sickles and the Haban manufactured sickles sold by AC for the 300/400 tractors(and similar to those Haban variants sold by JD, Cub Cadet, Bolens, et al), I can observe that they are substantially different designs. The Simplicity/AC sickles have some interchangeability with David Bradley and older Bolens, but none with the Haban's. Also there appear to be at least 2 different basic Haban designs.