Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs Throttle Shaft removal - Part III

wasmeneh

Ed, somebody.....anybody Ok, got the new throttle shaft, removed the welch plug and unscewed the bolt holding the valve to the throttle shaft. Since the valve is through the middle of the shaft I figured you just pushed it out towards the choke and it would come out.....no way. There's a dimple on the other side so it wont come out the other way. OK now what am I doing wrong? Help!!! Probably something obvious and simple but that's me. Thanks in advance Mike

To quote Saturday Nite Live....."Never Mind" Finally realized that the venturi had to be removed, Pushed the pin through, venturi and valve came out. Replaced the Throttle shaft and replaced all screws in valve and choke buterfly (used loctite blue) put her back together and started 1st crank. Idels much better and doesn't apear to be leaning out, like it was, when it warms up. Thanks to everbody that chimed in with all my questions. Mike

Ed, Yesterday was a learning experiance, If I had any hair I would have pulled it out. I'd work for an hour, failing miserably let it sit for a while and then a light bulb went on, what's that little pin thing holding in?. Pulled the pin and I was a happy camper. Thanks for all the help. Mike