Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fork lift attachment

arjr111

The following ad is over at YT.
quote:
Alton, IL, USA For Sale: 3 Allis Chalmers B-10 parts tractors. One has a pump off the front of the motor and a forklift attachment on the rear. Need to sell, make offer. I am back in the area so sorry if you received no response from the last ad. No e-mail at this time.THANKS Price: Best Offer Phone: (618)465-6923
[url]http://www.antiquetractors.com/cgi-bin/gclasquery.pl?AdSelect=FS[/url]

I tried to contact that guy a long time ago. Unfortunately now the tractor fund is empty now, but I have more use for the forklift than ever. Would be great for moving around extra mower decks.

I think as rare as those forklift's are, it would be a restored-show item only. Did anyone get ahold of the guy? Just currious what it might have went for.

I spoke to him Monday. He said that there was a guy from Ohio going to be in the area on Wednesday who was interested. I'll call him tommorow to see if they sold. He said that 2 of the tractors didn't have engines and the other one's motor was junk.

The guy claims it is a factory attachment, but I haven't seen it so who knows. I wouldn't doubt it though because a dealer not far from where this guy is at used to have two of them, one was mounted on a B-10. They wouldn't sell them and at the time I didn't have a large frame tractor. Looked neat though. They had to have lots of weights added to the front of the tractor.

I would love to have that attachment to process all these junk carcasses for scrap!90 bucks a ton here currently.130 a ton I've been told in New Haven,,

quote:
Originally posted by dlcentral
I would love to have that attachment to process all these junk carcasses for scrap!90 bucks a ton here currently.130 a ton I've been told in New Haven,,
Dave: Is that the quote you got from Weinert's in Middletown? I have only been able to get $60.00 a ton at All Recycling in the City of Newburgh. For stuff like copper & aluminum I'll head over to AW Scrap in Wappingers. They used to own (or someone in the family still does) Weinert's. They usually pay me .20¢ a pound more then what they do in Newburgh. It's worth it to pay the $1.00 toll for the bridge and go over there.

That's right Nick they paid that last wk,in Middletown,dunno abt this wk though.I've been told brother Al runs Wappingers,dunno,? $90 is for clean $70 is mixed[with rubber,plastic,etc.] price, County Metal in New Hampton gives more for copper and alum.We keep the best [AC/SIM,]and crush the rest!,,

• 2 weeks later...