Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower Hitch

Bunky

I'm not too sure about that, Kent.... I think the pre-3300 hitches had the engagement arm attached to the hitch. Didn't the 3300 and later use the mechanical front PTO clutch that was attached to the engine? Then later on (late 7000/7100) they didn't even have a front PTO and drove front implements off the center PTO(cone clutch). The pic is not quite at the right angle to see clearly.... Hey, did you just remove your reply while I was typing mine in??? It was there a second ago..... LOL

Yep, Kirk -- I realized I was wrong, and didn't want to mislead anyone. :D That big spring is a new one to me....

That hitch is for a 3300/3400/7000 series Simplicity and a 700 series Allis Chalmers. The belt tensioner was in the hitch and ran off from the front pto The 7100/900 series used a 1 pulley hitch and runs off from the center pto cone clutch. This is a 7100/900 series blower hitch. [img]http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/9e/4b/33_1.JPG[/img]

Hey Bunky, could you email me more pic's of it. I need to make one. All the pictures I have found are from one side or just the top. I hate to ask but if you could do a few quick measurements, trhat would be great. Thanks Elon

Elon, why not just come borrow one to use as a pattern??? I think I might have one like you want to copy..... LOL