Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Tires

Dave-Saratoga

Dave-Saratoga
:D In preparation for winter, I just mounted my new rear tires. Been looking for something kinda between the ag tire and the standard turf tire. Think I found it in these All Trail's. Drove right up a sand slope that I'd always spin ouot on with the turfs. Think they're gonna be a winner.

Now I've just gotta add some fluid to the Snow Hawgs for the front and bring on the white stuff!!

Those look like they will bite real good...Are they a lawn & garden tire or a ATV tire?What size are they?I think all but one of my tractors needs new tires,LOL

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Those look like they will bite real good...Are they a lawn & garden tire or a ATV tire?
To me they look like a cross between a Garden tractor and ATV tire ... What size are they, I'm curious how they will do with snow and Chains..

Dave-Saratoga
they're 23 x 10.5 - 12. The profile is a little higher than the OEM Goodyear tires (by an inch or so) they're also a little wider that the originals, but think that's related to the tread. The All Trails have significantly larger "knobs" along the outside edge. Nice for grabbing.

If any of you guys are interested in tires, and can't find what you want in Rustybore's ebay catalog, you can contact Carl (owner of Rustybore's) at "Rustybore@aol.com". He will tell you if he has what you want or can get what you want and the price. He told me that his place is only a couple of miles from the distributor. If the distributor can get it, then he can get it. He seems to be a very good person to deal with. I talked to him on the phone before I purchased my first tires from him.

Here also is a site that I ran across a while back http://tires.truffle.donet.com/default.htm that seems to have some good deals on tires.

Those tires look like a good addgressive all season pickup tire Dave. Will be waitting for a mud and snow report on them.

Dan (Rokon2813) has tires similar to those made for Montgomery Wards. They drove through mud pretty well at GOTO. He even pulled out a Ford Power Stroke diesel that had gotton stuck with them on.