Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Learned something today..

Bunky

Well For a while now I have been messing with my 3410s and it ran rough, black smoke and even quit some times... all along I thought it was the Carb. I took it all aprt and cleaned it and Adjusted it 1/2 a dozen times still no luck so today I hooked up a battery ignition and wow it runs great... it's was the ignition all along.. I guess I should of tried the igniton along time ago I thought it was fuel because of the Sign's Well I guess you learn something new ever day,:) Where do others mount the external coils on the RBT's I tried mine in the generator Bracket and it hits when I close the hood...

Glad you found the problem. Sometimes it's the simple problems that tend to stump us. I've found it difficult to pat myself on the back while at the same time kicking myself for missing it.

I will try and see if I can mount the coil on the shroud.. I always seem to look for the hardest items first Because my luck never allows me the easy way out... LOL

Air cooled single cylinder engines are extremely difficult to diagnose so don't be upset.On multi-cylinder engines if all the cylinders have the same symtom you see something in common.If you have an ignition problem it usually affects one cylinder and carburetors usually affect all cylinders but with single cylinder such as an ignition promblem it is hard find because you usually have spark.Since there are no other cylinders running at that same time there is nothing to compare it to.