Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Meeting

HubbardRA

On Saturday I met with Clyde in MD. Clyde was picking up a tractor that he bought on ebay. He bought it from Randy (don't remember his last name) who sells on ebay as Cubfarm69. Randy is also the person that I bought my 7116H from. Clyde brought me a couple of engines, and I also picked up a part for my tractor that Randy had forgotten when I picked it up.

This is a picture of the three of us. Clyde is on the left, Randy in the middle, and I am on the right. What a motley crew! My only regret is that we didn't have very much time to talk, since I got there a little late.

Rod, it's all good. You actually look like ME. ;) You know how you get a picture of a person when talking with them but never see them, well we never talked, but I still get pictures of people in my head from reading their posts. Funny thing is nobody looks like they sound, or what you expect them too look like. It's nice to put a face with the print. John

I have met several members of this organization. Roy is the only one that I had pictured correctly. Maybe that is because he had his picture in his profile. I had johnmonkey pictured pretty closely. I was way off on Rokon, Daddycat, Kent, Maynard, MDB, and Mel. Clyde was pretty close to the way I saw him from his writing, same for Nick and Elon. Good bunch of guys on the this site, but not very good looking. We'll leave that up to the tractors.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Good bunch of guys on the this site, but not very good looking. We'll leave that up to the tractors.
Now I though we were all good looking, with or without tractors. And I see the red Rangers have the same problems as the blue ones!

Johnmonkey, Goldsboro, MD, on the eastern shore. Oldone, What is the problem with Red and Blue Rangers? I just bought a "Purple" one yesterday, so I guess I'm just out of luck.

Hey Rod thanks for posting the picture. It was good to see you again even if was just for a few minutes, and Randy is a real nice guy. (And I'm sure a Purple Ranger will attract tractors just as well as Red and Blue ones). You can see from the picture why I usually wear a hat now!!! I went from MD back to NY Sat. Then Sun went to VT to help my Mom and Step Dad (they're 92 and 94) get ready for winter. I just got back home a couple of hours ago. Just before I got to Moms house I noticed a small engine repair shop with a bunch of tractors outside and thought I saw some orange ones. I stopped on the way back today. He has a couple of 7016s, one with a plow, snowblower and a tiller, a 64 Landlord with an almost complete cab and a snowblower and several other attachments. The owner was out but I talked to his son. He said his dad specializes in John Deeres, but is thinking of getting out of the business 'cause he just had a couple of heart attacks. The son thought his dad would probably "make a good deal" on all the Simplicity stuff. One of the 16HP Briggs they had just rebuilt and put a brand new carb on, but couldn't get to run right. Both were hydros, one with hydraulic lift. So, against my better judgement I'll call him tomorrow and see what "a good deal" is. This could be really bad (for my bank account and probably my marriage) but there was some really good looking stuff there.

Clyde, Did you notice what was on my head in the picture? A ball cap, not a head full of hair. Good luck on the tractors!

Rod, I just hope the purple ones can't haul more than red & blues ones. :D John Darn it! just thought of someting, red and blue makes purple!

If red and blue makes purple, doesn't that mean that I can haul twice as much? Now I have to explain to Becky that this is a good reason for filling the bed up with tractor parts. Maybe I should have inflated the price of the truck and given myself a "rebate". That way I would have had money to buy more tractor parts. I want what you guys have. I don't own a vari-drive, like Clyde just bought. I don't own a hi-low, like John just bought. I also don't have a tractor with a hydraulic lift like John just bought. "I need more parts". I know it is a sin to covet your neighbor's wife. I wonder if it is a sin to covet your friends tractor parts. Should I ask the Reverand on Sunday? So many questions! So few answers! Such is life.