Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power lift

Tom45

I am new to this club but have used an AC-B110 and AC-912H for some years. Problems with my left thumb are giving me problems using the manual lift. Can a weaker spring be installed in the detent? How good are the electric and hydraulic lifts and how hard are they to install on an AC-912H? Thanks, Tom45

Some of the 912s have internal springs, other have external. Either way, you could change to a weaker spring. If you have the internal spring with the threaded button, you could try unscrewing the button a few turns to decrease spring tension. Both the electric and hydraulic lifts work fine. The electric is easier to install. But hydraulic isn't any big deal either.

maxtorman1234
I'd look for a hydraulic lift for it, but the next best would be electric. I like the hydraulic much better.

If you buy a hydraulic lift, one easy place to find them is on E-bay from time to time. They end up flirting with $300 plus. Be sure the unit is complete. Often the units are short the two grove pulley which mounts to your Briggs crank. One grove is required for your starter/gen belt the other for the hydralic pump drive belt. The other part which is also commonly short on e-bay units are the cast base mount which the bottom end of the hydraulic cylindar attaches to. It bolts to the top of the bevel gear box. Without it there will be no way to secure your hydralic cylindar. Good luck! Jack

The 900 series Sovereigns use hydraulic pressure from the hydrostat unit for the hydraulic lift. You will need some pipes, hoses, a valve, a lever to actuate the valve, a cylinder, and a mount bracket for the stationary end of the cylinder. One pressure relief valve spring in the hydrostat will probably need replacing. All the parts are available from your Simplicity dealer although likely to be a bit pricey. Might be better to find some used parts from a donor tractor. You can download a parts manual from Simplicity.

quote:
Originally posted by jackcobb
If you buy a hydraulic lift, one easy place to find them is on E-bay from time to time. They end up flirting with $300 plus. Be sure the unit is complete. Often the units are short the two grove pulley which mounts to your Briggs crank. One grove is required for your starter/gen belt the other for the hydralic pump drive belt. The other part which is also commonly short on e-bay units are the cast base mount which the bottom end of the hydraulic cylindar attaches to. It bolts to the top of the bevel gear box. Without it there will be no way to secure your hydralic cylindar. Good luck! Jack
Jack, I think Tom45 is talking about his 912H, not his B-series.

Check out the comments made in this post about the changes necessary to add a hydraulic lift to a tractor with a Sunstrand hydro tranny. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37291&SearchTerms=hydraulic You will need to read the entire post to figure out exactly what needs changing. It amounts to changing the spring in one check valve assembly and removing a plug and installing a second check valve assembly. Then the hoses can be directly hooked to the ports of the charge pump, and the control valve and cylinder installed. If you are creative, you can buy the cylinder and valve from any hydraulic supplier and make your own mounts for the installation. May save some money when compared to buying factory parts. A friend recently gave me a cylinder that I can fit to one of my tractors. I still need to get a control valve. I'm not going to buy the check valve parts for the tranny (the costly items) till I have scrounged up the other necessary hardware.

Tom-45 go to page 12 on this site and look at adding hydraulic to my AC 914 the info there will help you with what you need for springs and so forth. For the hydro trans. I have everything I need to put hydraulic on my tractor, but can seem to find enough time to do it. Ken

The hydrolift is the way to go. I've got a HB112 and a 3112H with these... As you plow dirt (haven't tested these on snow yet)you get a momentum going and you push, if the pressure gets too much for the tractor you just tap the lift mechanism a little to relieve downward pressure and you can continue pushing dirt/weeds/leaves etc. Also when you have the mold plow or a snowblower, these are a relief on the arm. If you don't have a powerlift, then plan to get the rear weight or make one. The cool sound on these hydrostatic hydrolift units is as you are lifting the front end of the tractor off the ground driving the load forward it whines like it was actually a bigger machine.