Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint products, what to use!

gmackle

I asked this Question before did not get answer! I'm painting a B10 and I don't have spaying equitment so I have to use cans. What and where would I get this paint. You have numbers or product name to buy for the yellow and the white? Thanks, Could someone give me the products that they used! Thanks again!

Gordon, Sorry that I can't help you on the color of the yellow and white on the "B" series tractors, because I don't have one. I did, however, paint My AC713S which I built totally from parts, by using spray cans. Here is a picture of the results:

The colors for this machine were Chevy Engine orange, and Navaho White for the wheels. I know this probably will not directly help you, but it shows that you can get a good looking paint job from a rattlecan.

Check out the Simple TrACtors site. This page in particular [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/paint_codes.htm[/url] Also do a search in these forums for Van Sickle paint This is there web site [url]http://www.vansicklepaint.com[/url] Allis Chalmers Yellow paint #925110 is the same as our stock color # 454 International Yellow. you are able to order this product through our distributor. They are P&R Supply and their number is toll free 1-877-227-5005. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me (Gina Kuchta Sales & Marketing Coordinator Van Sickle Paint Mfg.) at 800-667-2468. Van Sickle Custom match colors for Allis Chalmers riding mower yellow [url]http://www.vansicklepaint.com/mntcstmclrs.htm#Allis-Chalmers[/url]

Thanks all! I did the search for paint codes just cann't find them in the store will try Van Sickle! I would like also if other members use any other kind of paint for the B10! Like Rust-Oleum ect UCD, I see you live in New Port, Vt. I was born there 53 years ago! My Dad was from there. Nice town!

I used" Equiptment Yellow" from Tractor Supply on two of my Allis Chalmers and it worked well for me.I know there are different yellows for different models and years but I dont go nuts with the different shades.I also used a Wallmart yellow but that color has been discontinued. I think the cans were around $4 each.

Finishing up my 7116 with Ace brand AC Orange. Hood is not done yet. I will probably use Ace brand Yellow machinery paint for my B212, because it is not a show tractor I use it, and want something I can touch up easily without having to get it mixed.

John

John, How does that starter-generator fit with the hood on that 7116. I'm planning the same setup. In fact, I think I bought the S-G from you on ebay. Did you remodel the engine shroud to eliminate the bump for the bendix starter?

Hi Rod, this is the set up we were talking about. I will post some pictures in the show and tell forum and we can discuss. Everything fit fine without modification. John

Fellows I'm comfused about the paint questions. I was able to buy Allis Chalmer orange at an auto part paint store by the gallon. My question is, are there different orange shades on different models and year of tractors. My 7013 simp. and 710 AC shade look the same also same as AC 914. Would the orange for my 727 landlord be different? Some the orange I'v seen tractor painted with on the site seem to have a lot of red in it.

Ken, Last time that I checked on paint, I think there were at least three different shades of orange that were used.